Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

I’ve only mentioned the last part of Matt’s words who said the Flight Plan import handling should rely on sim side implementation only, so Asobo-MS here. (it couldn’t be either due to Sandbox concern on file IO operations). I’ve not put into question the WT NXi implementation which is already part of the sim, due to WT-Asobo-MS sharing and collaboration and is a nice part of the sim already for a long time

…We believe the best path forward is to improve the core sim flight plan system such that it will support these types of use cases.

[EDIT] Precision added

We’re all one big team. There’s WT code in the sim already today. :slight_smile:

I can say with certainty the other arms of the MSFS sim team are just as dedicated as we are. But, this is an NXi feedback thread, so I don’t want to throw us all too off-topic.

-Matt | Working Title

8 Likes

My teachers always said there are no dumb questions, so here goes. Hopefully, I won’t look too much like a jamoke here.

As stated before, I’m new to IFR and still very much on the learning curve.

That said, I struggle to understand how to manipulate the flight plan.

1. If I accidentally activate the approach prematurely (like messing about with the G1000 while parked or while in flight) how to I deactivate it and return to my previous waypoint/objective in the flight plan?

2. Say I totally botch an approach or the ATC messes me up by not giving me altitude/speed constraints early enough or there is a stupid AI aircraft on the runway and I’m given the go around instruction, how do I “fix” that mess in the flight plan?

3. I noted an approach into KSBP (my local regional) has a Hold in the approach. When I reach the Hold waypoint, it automatically advances to the next waypoint, which is fine under normal landing circumstances, but what if I actually did need to hold? How would I activate the hold in the flight plan and then deactivate the hold and resume the approach as needed?

Thanks for the help.

You would go Direct to a waypoint in your FPL or Activate a Leg in your FPL.

The Hold is a HiLPT or a Hold in Lieu of Procedure Turn and it is going to sequence you on one pass

you can set a hold at any waypoint on your FPL just highlight the waypoint and use the Menu Key to bring up options where you will find the Hold to setup.

You can download the G1000 NXi manuals from the Garmin Site … I would recommend reading through it or using the search to jump to points of interest… Also Kip has lot’s of YouTube videos where he shows the operation and even update videos covering all the features they have been implementing with each update.

2 Likes

What is the best way to delete an approach procedure?

If you hit Menu when you’re reviewing your FPL, you can select Delete Approach (can’t recall the exact wording).

So just use the Direct To button when I have a waypoint selected in the FPL?

I haven’t had the option to Activate a Leg — it’s greyed out.

I think deleting any of its waypoints will also delete it.

Correct scroll to the Waypoint in the FPL you want to go back to … and while the cursor is on it press DTO button and ENTER ENTER… you will now go back to that waypoint and the cycle of waypoints will resume again… Use it all the time when flying an approach go missed an then then Direct to either a waypoint in the Enroute section or the start of the approach again.

2 Likes

It works with the default SR22 but in my edited livery version it does not. Still has Red Xs all over the G1000

So additional liveries should comply with existing ones, to avoid discrepancies

For those like me who are searching this info, I’ve created a small tip for quick reference of the keyboard entry on the NXi here (thanks to all for helping in learning) :

1 Like

Nicely explained.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it really helps.

I don’t see anything different in the panel configuration files so that’s why I’m confused. How would the G1000 Nxi be affected by repainting a livery (basically just changing texture files)?

The original G1000 works fine in it

I use SPAD.neXt to control my G1000. I have a Logitech Radio Panel so I use the bottom XPDR mode to be the FMS knob. Long Press of the ACT/STDBY button equals pressing the FMS button short press is the G1000 ENT button.

I also use the 7th switch on my HC Bravo as an alternate switch so I can double up my button and dial controls. When I have the ALT switch on it changes the behavior of the AP buttons to the following G1000 buttons.

HDG = D->
NAV = MNU
APR = FPL
REV = PRC
ALT = CLR
 VS = ENT

I used a label maker to but labels for the G1000 below the AP buttons.

Also on my HC Alpha, since most G1000 planes have a single Avionics switch. I use the second switch to set weather I am controlling the PDF or MDF on the G1000 setup.

1 Like

On a short DA-62 flight can you leave the AUX tanks empty?

1 Like

In livery folders structure, we find at least some CFG / XML / JSON files, are all of them checked and confirmed ? Could you at least share one sample of these liveries which trigger issue ?

Here’s a working one with G1000 NXi, from Flightsim.to

I like the floor mats a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like