World Update: Brazil

So much! Would love to see close to real tepuis in MSFS. I flew there and it’s really disapointing compared to the to fantastic shapes of this mountain range.
This has been a great discovery in an article of National Geographic and by this movie: Explorer: The Last Tepui | Disney+

I tried to shape it with the SDK but was unable to do a real satisfying version that could be shared.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=APwXEdeE0K8qaFBRs06t91s4ewx2CJ3d0A:1681512077074&q=roraima+tepui&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiBhqjQuKr-AhU0kIkEHdJyC2UQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=1652&bih=1042&dpr=1#imgrc=psvCjLrQONTnQM

3 Likes

This is the #15 wish in the wishlist and still only “Planned” :frowning:

Since Oceania got the World Update 13… Can we hope Brazil (or South America) to get the WU 14?

7 Likes

Working my way around South America in the C208B I’m currently flying up the Amazon river. I do hope that any Brazil WU includes work done on the longest river in the world; it’s disappointing to see lots of straight lines where the scenery has been “doctored” when the AI couldn’t cope with it.
There’s no straight lines in nature!

Here in Rio now as of this writing. Going to Região dos Lagos(Cabo Frio, Peró, Buzios) in the morning!

What a beautiful city, state and nation!!
From the lush forests we all know about to the Nordeste!
Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Maranhão…oh wow!!!
Mountains, arid areas in Bahia, Piauí and Tocantins(not not all of Brasil is green) to big cities, São Paulo.
Farmland in the south and of course the beaches…Brasilia, Minas Gerais…too many places to think of at once!

Never get tired of being here…Yep, love this spot on this Earth!

Waiting for the day we see a Brasilian World Update!
Cheers…Tchau:-)
RB

2 Likes

Last week I was just about to say here that Brazil is one of the biggest gaming communities in the world. Not only this. With a population of more than 210 million people, flight simulation (also real life content) in general is hugely significant here, with countless YouTube channels, as a simple example. And so, with this in mind, they are missing an insanely and unbelievably wasted opportunity to gather popularity not only regarding Microsoft Flight Simulator itself, but Xbox Cloud Gaming and Xbox Series X|S sales in general too.

Then, Game Discover writes this: Where are Steam, Xbox and PlayStation's players located?

Brazil and Mexico are notable standouts vs. PlayStation: with 6.9% on Xbox vs. 4.3% on PlayStation, seems like Microsoft has good penetration in Brazil

Brazil is in third place. Only behind USA and UK.

So, what are you waiting? Why prioritize places which, by the way, ALREADY got updates previously, while completely ignoring other very important parts of the world?

12 Likes

Playing devils advocate…
Why should MS develop countries that already have a good following. It would maybe be better to target places where it isn’t currently well supported. Just sayin’.

But actually, I think their priorities go to areas where they can get good/improved data

1 Like

It’s more than time to update Brazil. They give priority to places that nobody really care. Since they don’t care about 3rd World Countries, I bet the will make a South America update, and only improve 2 or 3 airports in Brazil.

1 Like

As pointed out by Terrylawdinn data availability matters.

World Updates are planned a year or more in advanced for the entire world and is based on the amount of data from varying sources that can be obtained.

I highly doubt that is the case as I’ve never seen any official comment on it. It does depend on the data they can get.

If planned a year in advance…
Where is the road map? What direction are we going in when updating the world?
Why does it need to be a surprise and then let down when it happens.

When they have enough data to push a World Update I think that is when they do it. I have a feeling that the United States will be getting quite a number of them given how easy it seems to obtain data.

We might have to forget a Brasilian World Update until Europe is taken care of.
:slight_smile:
Greece/Romania/Turkey(Türkiye) would be fine.
I’ll wouldn’t hold my breath for Brasil right now… ;-(
Cheers

The garden has already had a lot of attention. We Brazilians pay as much as them to play MSFS, but we’re forgotten by the developers.

1 Like

That’s interesting, because there is a huge amount of photogrammetry data in Brazil, freely available airport data, including charts, wonderful places to fly, but default scenarios really bad to the point of having antennas at the middle of the runway.

2 Likes

Google Maps just added the photogrammetry of the entire city of Guarulhos.

Oh my, just imagine this in MSFS. I really hope they include a photogrammetry this good for the entire city of São Paulo and surrounding cities in the hopefully upcoming Brazil WU!

3 Likes

LOL… you’re basically saying what I said, they don’t care for 3rd world countries.

See this post for information on a World Update for Brazil.

If you are not in NATO they will not get that kind of information.
We got Japan as the first update. Why?
And don’t forget there is always clouds in Brazil. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Are Asobo planing to fly on Brazil on summer? Brazilian Summer is a rainy season.
But the truth is Asobo and Microsoft don’t care about Brazil or South America. Bing imagery are old, awful and with low res. When I said old I mean more than five years old.

4 Likes

Political matters GPD, they are doing fisrt wolrld countries than maybe start with the 3rd world ones

1 Like