XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT

Yet we have a FBW livery on the default A320. Seems strange. :joy:

1 Like

I logged a bug in Zendesk with a height field mismatch near the northern end of Lake Taupo in NZ resulting in an 18" weir that my Cessna 172 with floats just managed to jump over.

As a newbie I also flew the A320 Neo from Adelaide to Sydney on full autopilot with all assists set to easy. I short-circuited the flight by advancing to the approach phase in the Fly-to menu. The plane landed with starboard wheels on the grass and the port wheels well to the right of the centerline. I need to repeat this and capture details before a I log a bug.

For some of my tourist flights around interesting places I start in mid-air on the world map. The altitude is shown in the departure settings as 1500ā€™, but the Cessna 152 begins the flight at 5000ā€™. I havenā€™t reported this in Zendesk yet.

Module 8 in the Basic Handling course (Attitude Test) always throws me out during the Climb to 6000ā€™ and bank to 180 degrees, saying that I put my aircraft in a dangerous situation. I have no idea why. Has anyone else had this experience? (Iā€™m using the Xbox wireless controller.) While I have reported the bug this way, I have logged a feature request for more information about why the pnae is in a dangerous situation.

Peter

I have a question for some reason my game pauses on Xbox when I leave it running for a bit happens about 10 minutes into the flight how do I stop this from happening on long flight plans

Hey destroyed I was just looking around the world map and did spot a heap of Animal Poiā€™s from a fairly zoomed out state. I was looking in the North, North Western Parts of Africa. Didnā€™t fly and spot them but just spotted the poiā€™s through the world map. Interesting to see if you can see them, on a side note I do recall seeing some Show/hide Poiā€™s through the systems tab, be worth a look and make sure they are enabled too. Cheers DONNY.

The maximum you can get on Xbox without an inactivity pause is 60 minutes. To set that, go to your idle settings in Xbox Settings. Make the idle timer 60 mins and disable the pop up banner or whatever. Not perfect but the best we got on Xbox for now. Rubber banding the controller thumbsticks does not work.

Also make sure power settings set to never turn off automatically.

Youā€™ll also need to make sure your controller or input device remains powered on.

Cheers

Hello lucky and welcome!

The first thing Iā€™ll ask you is ā€˜Are you using the standard xbox wireless controller?ā€™ I ask this because using a standard wireless controller, wirelessly without any input from the user, after a given time it will automatically disconnect and switch off.

If you areā€¦

You can power the controller with a UBS cord plugged directly into the xbox or really any spare powered USB port you have around and run it indefinitely without input.

If that didnā€™t helpā€¦

Try looking at your xbox settings from memory under power management, there are inactivity/sleep/dim screen after X amount of time which may also be the cause.

Donā€™t know if it fixes your specific issue but there is a recently updated G1000 NXi available in Xbox marketplace for free.

I canā€™t see your problem here on my XSX. Everything run as before and it is still stable without any CTD. Try to delete the rolling cache (Data/Rolling Cache), the reserved sapce on the XB Game Storage or reinstall the complete game.

And yes it is something wrong with it, but it is not everyone who has this issues yet. So we must find out what is different on your console, than on the ones who have no issues at all.

Anyone having an issue on Xbox where paid DLC keeps downloading over and over and never completes installation?

I bought the Spitfire and it just wonā€™t finish downloading. It completes, then just starts again.

Downloaded fine on PC.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had that. I think it worked after I cancelled it and restarted. But also you canā€™t go into a flight or anything like that while itā€™s downloading. I just left it on the content manager page and made a cup of tea.

Alas tried that. It just sat there doing it over and over for 20 minutes. Maybe Iā€™ll have better luck today. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think itā€™s just one of those things you try until it works and then youā€™re never sure why it worked :smiley:

1 Like

Lots of pop in and frame rate drops since last hotfix or two. Being talked about on Reddit too

Thanks will do ! Very helpful

Yes I am. I didnt know these things play a factor but I will try this thank you!

And today it did work. Weird eh?

1 Like

Does anyone know if there any plans to make the Thrustmaster sidesticks (like the Airbus one) be compatible with XBox?

Have to say that unfortunately the performance on the series X has taken a nose dive the last few days. Iā€™m experiencing stuttering and CTD now when I wasnā€™t before. Very disappointed that this appears to be going backwards.

2 Likes

Same here, itā€™s not siginificant but Hotfix 2 that was meant to improve graphics on PC, unfortunately caused a performance reduction on Xbox. Itā€™s like they optimised the game for Xbox, then unoptimised it. The A320 is ok, but the 787 is unflyable performance-wise (constant freezing when flying low, even when high).

1 Like

Even Iā€™m having ctdā€™s after 8 hours long haul flight sp frustrating