XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT

Long haul’s are a no go at the moment, and the 787 is poorly optimised too

2 Likes

I find that plugging in a mouse also solves the problem

Ah I feel like I’ve finally mastered the 787 on Xbox. It flies itself for me the whole way and when doing ILS landings it descends and lands itself, I just need to be ready for touchdown itself on the tarmac. It’s my fav now that I have got everything for the most part figured out. I was having a lot of trouble with ILS landings because I couldn’t catch the locator or glide slope but sorted that out. Now it’s basically press button and let it fly :laughing:. Took me a while to get things down pat though. My biggest challenge was cockpit navigation with a controller but at least now I know where to look for everything.

Still, the fact that it’s in the premium bundle and doesn’t include a functioning weather radar is absolutely crazy though. Attempting to turn it on says INOP on screen :unamused:. Agree it could use some optimization.

And yeah long hauls over around 7 hours are a complete no go on Series X since SU5 last Friday. The S fares a little better, but a ctd is all but guaranteed on an X for long hauls over 7h flight time. That said zendesk has started responding to my tickets (I make one for every ctd on Xbox) and they’ve requested specific console OS data and some more telemetry info etc from settings as well as the sim so it looks like they’re now looking into it and we’re maybe moving the needle a bit.

Keep submitting those tickets for ctds, all.

Cheers

I’m getting a CTD now every session. It’s incredibly frustrating to get most of the way to a destination and it happens. Then you don’t get credit for the landing or completing etc
Even more frustrating is that the game wasn’t released like this, this has all come about from that last update. The live weather ATC thing happened after the first update. It’s making me not want to download anymore of their updates. Ridiculous

I get it. But this is a massive undertaking that’s still in its infancy on Xbox. Not being an apologist or anything, I’ve just accepted that this way more complex than basic Xbox games where bugs can quickly be identified and fixed and that it just won’t ever be that simple, but I do expect things to improve over time in general. We aren’t used to various things like this on the box, but this has been how it goes with FlightSim, each update can drastically improve some things and have unintended effects on others.

Again not disagreeing or being an apologist for them, just saying I’ve accepted it will be bumpy for a little while, which improves my enjoyment of the sim overall instead of expecting perfection and being upset. The ctds on long haul flights are annoying, but at least they’re investigating and hope to fix for the next SU.

And to your last point sadly it is not possible to launch without the latest update. Both Xbox and the in sim updater will forced the update, even if choosing to play in offline mode.

Overall, when seen from this light, the sim is still very enjoyable. For the time being I have just chosen to do flights shorter than 7h-ish to avoid CTDs. I understand nobody can always make everyone happy, but choosing to not take it as seriously has helped me and I am really having a great time nonetheless.

Do keep submitting tickets though with adequate information provided as this is how we’re going to see it improve, especially on Xbox.

Cheers

2 Likes

Happened to me on a 30 min flight today, while I was taxing to the gate. Frustrating, but yes ultimately you are right. I’ve largely accepted that the sim isn’t perfect and there will be problems
With that said some of these issues are pretty extreme and it concerns me that they are piling up at the minute on the X. At this point I’m glad I just went with the standard version via game pass because I have lost a bit of confidence in this project, particularly on console

Yeah happens to me on occasion too. Not always, but I’ve noticed that it does occur more when I’m at a high traffic airport. Turning off real-time AI traffic does help a little bit in this regard specifically, but sadly we then lose visibility of live players who don’t also have it turned off (unless we choose all players but I prefer live so I only see people flying at the same time of day and weather conditions as me). Which I think is silly - turning off AI traffic shouldn’t affect live players, but I guess the idea is that airport traffic needs to be the same for everyone in the vicinity.

Ah well. I’m optimistic we’ll see improvements as it does seem to be getting quite popular on Xbox so things like ctds on the console side are becoming more vocalized now and they’re starting to pay attention, so fingers crossed we see some movement in the right direction next update.

Cheers and happy flying

1 Like

Thanks! I haven’t tried it yet but I will now.

I did yesterday a 6h flight in canda - with a break over quick resume.

No CTD and no Issues with FPS Stutter. I dont use Rolling Cache.

1 Like

How it goes :slight_smile: glad it’s sorted.

Indeed, quick resume is so far my favourite feature! I have a busy lifestyle with family responsibilities as well and sometimes I may only have 30 minutes to play so it’s awesome that the xbox saves your flight and then you can resume mid game. My ps5 can’t even do that!

1 Like

I keep getting the ‘incorrect altimeter setting’ too, with ATC telling me every 30 seconds that I’m however many 100 feet above my assigned altitude. Someone in another forum said it’s a bug with the live weather but it seems to happen with that turned off too.

Am I right in thinking that it should be tuned to a localised setting and then changed to 29.92 above 18,000ft?

I believe the proper procedure above 18k is to set altimeter to std. But like you say this isn’t going to make much difference with incorrect ATC altitude reading. It’s a bug that was introduced into the Xbox by the first hotfix for su5. It’s extremely annoying and really should have been priority to fix by now. It’s supposed to be a flight sim after all

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation :+1:

1 Like

POHi Has anyone experienced pixelated/distorted trees and bushes on Series S both before and after hotfix 2? My nephew tried to revisit Lake Buena Vista area near Miami and found blurred graphics! Do you think it is a server/internet problem or a definite bug?

1 Like

No stutter you say!, well try London!

1 Like

I attempted to conduct an IFR flight the other evening - the exact route alludes me. However, upon loading in to the departure airport the sim crashed back to the dashboard. I restarted a second time successfully, but the performance was so bad at flight level 20000 I gave up - it honestly felt way below 30, for whatever reason. Coupled with the fact the in-sim flight planner via the World Map is broken, if you attempt to add any additional waypoints - you get a convoluted mess of lines and the constant ATC asking you to expedite the climb, despite being at the designated altitude. Frustrating.

It’s in a ‘not-so-good’ state, in my opinion, currently on Xbox. The single biggest factor really is improving the performance. The Series X should not be struggling this bad. I trust there are improvements forthcoming, but as others have called out it will require bringing to attention to improve.

1 Like

This looks as expected for the foliage at that sort of close range.

Same problem with ATC on PC - it is NOT related only to xbox!

Could you please stop spamming this topic with pointless replies. I already know it’s an issue on PC, but this is an Xbox discussion, for issues Xbox users are experiencing. As I have already stated, there will be some crossover.

I asked you politely to contribute in a constructive way, but this is not happening. The topic doesn’t need a back and forth all the time you don’t agree with something and suggesting it’s on PC too does not help. I already know that. I played the PC version for over a year, before moving to Xbox and I am well aware of the community and enthusiasm for PC simmers.

So please help, otherwise I’m going to report you. You’ve had ample opportunity to comply. Thanks.