Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Yep an X. A320 and PMDG 737 mainly. Rolling cache off and never use resume. 60hz and vrr, no HDR. Mouse, keyboard and controller.

1 Like

Itā€™s not ridiculous because you personally havenā€™t had an issue.

2 Likes

We have the same box, the same sim. Just saying. Maybe factory reset the box and new install.

I well believe it Dan, do you have many add-ons?
I have lots of payware airplanes and have very few to no issues.

Some are plagued. Others like Fast Times Vero want to purchase everything and use itā€¦He says top tier alot lol - he does testing for GOT friends.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Iā€™ll keep repeating myself. For me, this Sim is doomed on XSX. First we have the CTDā€™s, then the the black screens and now on top of that, since SU14 went Live my DL speed in content manager is capped at 2.5Mbit /s. Downloading an airport(3.6GB) takes up all afternoon. I have better things to do, you know.

I canā€™t be bothered anymore. Itā€™s getting old.

2 Likes

That Fast Times Vero video even pointed this out - ā€œif youā€™re flying non-third party and departing from a gray piece of land, youā€™ll be OK.ā€

Iā€™ll repeat this again too, but whatā€™s particularly galling is that this instability undercuts a ton of revenue for MS in the Marketplace, and is serving to prove the PC skeptics of the Xbox console going to back to 2020 and 2021 correct.

The thing is, console simmers already must make do with a long (and growing) list of limitations: no external ATC improvements/VATSIM, no ability to have traffic variety settings or external traffic injection with accurate models/liveries, little to no improved pushback options, no ability to remove bespoke Asobo airports from the content manager, limited peripheral support, delayed Marketplace releases and updates, lack of ā€œenhancedā€ features on MS aircraft like high quality textures and cabins on some aircraft, no support for moving maps, no ability to replay landing and takeoff, and of course no freeware, eye tracking, or VR to speak of.

Thatā€™s the trade for being on a console at a competitive price point and a closed system. But in doing so, stability must absolutely be there. And it isnā€™t.

5 Likes

Sounds like you near a really bad server or dont have a decent router. A decent router is everything. Good luck.

Believe me, over the past years I tried everything. The list is very, very long including switching servers. I donā€™t use a router by the way, cable is directly connected to modem.

MSFS is THE ONLY application that causes so many issues My internet is as stable as it can getā€¦ Never in my 46 years and 30 years or so of being a gamer, I experienced such an instable product.

Yes, I can fly an airliner from the middle of nowhere to the middle of nowhere without issues. But thatā€™s not what Iā€™m after.

MSFS 2020 should have only shipped on Xbox in her Vanilla state. No Marketplace add-ons etc. But even Asobo s own 747/787, bespoke airports etc are in a terrible state on Xbox.

3 Likes

Hi UnitedArt
I am on a PC here in the UK, when the updates come around my download speed also starts at 2.5Mbit /s ( on a 76Mbit/s connection ) sometimes it rises slightly but still not good enough.
I thought it was a Microsoft problem initially but after a few trials and tribulations, I concluded, that the slow rates are down to my ISP, Node connection, or just the way your connection is made, I am not an expert in that field.

But if I start any SU download using my normal connection I get the 2.5Mbit /s speed.

Then, if I disconnect and re-connect using my VPN my speed immediately jumps up to 45 Mbps and remains around that level during download. ( has been up to 66 but still 18xā€™s faster! )

I just picked a country close to the UK ( Denmark streaming optimised )

This has worked for me for the last 2 years, just something you could try if you use a VPN.

1 Like

Hello @TastierOsprey80. Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I donā€™t use a VPN connection at the moment. If the issue is not solved sometime rather soon, I could try a VPN.

For me, the issue only started since SU14. Yes, DL speeds never were great in content manager, but what Iā€™m experiencing now is the absolute worst.

1 Like

Interesting idea to reduce the resolution of the Xbox X to 1440p. Iā€™ve put it to the test and have mixed results. Started with the pdmg 737 at Queenstown from NZA (NZQN). After starting up I got black avionics even before I got to the runway.
After that I tried KLAX from inibuilds also a high detail area again with the pdmg 737 and this time no black avionics. Everything worked very well. I think some scenery is not well optimized (NZA Simulations and flytampa EHAM for example) . Default scenery never gives problems. Hope this info give something to work with

2 Likes

This is a reminder that this thread is meant to serve as a bug topic, not a discussion topic. If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the following template. Outside of this, please use an existing or new topic in the appropriate Discussion Hub to discuss this bug. All other posts will be removed.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes the bug still exists.

Vanilla version of MSFS on Xbox X
Eggw to eggs black screen on spawn.

That was after installing an add-on airport. Thereby proving that add-ons contribute to the bug.

Keep logging all your bugs in here. More we post more theyā€™ll notice it. We need to ensure YouTubers keep up the pressure on MS and Asobo.

1 Like

Started . general discussion thread as couldnā€™t see one. Let us keep pressure going here with bug posts.

And discuss things that may assist below.

3 Likes

Yes

Getting random black screens of GPS and radio, either during start of flight or during a flight. Experienced it in many different GA aircraft. Sometimes might come back on after a few minutes, but sometimes randomly turns off again.

yes

on 747, ypph to egll, black screen abt 5h and a half (and on another flight) after starting, on dc3 retrofit, ueee to unnt, no gps on garmin 530, solved it by switching battery off and on, black screens after 11hs.

KLAS make my sim screen and make my sim lagging with fly Tampa citys addon

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox users only - black screen / ctd discussion

default a320neo, xbox series s

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox users only - black screen / ctd discussion