Your 2021 wishlist

MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT !!! We were used to Multi Windows since 20 years ! Isn’t it a shame that we have no multi window-support in a game based on W I N D O W S ?

2 Likes

Honestly it’s probably too much and probably some things I’m not even aware of, but as far as aircraft goes I’m all into letting 3rd parties go wild and create as many high quality planes as possible

1 Like

Monitor improvements:

File per plane to make avionic 2D popouts persistant for the next flight.

Then we could start to fly with PFD/ND 2D windows automatically popped out.

95% of the coding work is done, just need to automate the manual process to replay 2D window origin, size and display number.

It’s an easy task for developers, the low hanging fruit with minimal effect on 3D frame rate.

Second step is camera distortion fix for a single display of multiple monitors.
That would make side views more realistic.

Multiple, independent 3D cameras is difficult and hits frame rates. That’s the final step.

1 Like

Replay would be great

Road map has G1000/3000 getting done after the World update. Really looking forward to this as I’m using Navigraph and want to use a lot more. The down key Crash on the flight plan list would be fixed too I’m guessing.

Oh and 1 more. Air traffic VOR holds!

Wishlist:

1. Seasons - some of the third party developers have already released good starts. Partnering with them and at least using the global seasonal texture mapping from FSX (e.g. which parts of the world are summer, early spring, spring, fall, light winter, hard snowy winter, etc.) would be a good start and huge improvement from perpetual summer. Places in the tropics could be left as they are.

2. Fix autopilot. It is terrible. Would like the option to stabilize altitude and follow the navigational path as in previous sims. This autopilot is either all off or all-on (and often the autopilot crashes the planes if I leave it too long!) It would be great to have an interactive autopilot, to input altitudes, etc.

3. Ability to control “translate speed” during slew mode using a keyboard. This was a great feature of previous MSFS to explore using slew mode. Currently, hitting one “translate” key stroke moves a large distance in an instant. It used to start slow and could gradually increase or decrease speed. The new slew is terrible for local exploration, given the large distance increments in the single-speed “translate” keystrokes.

4. Ability to change navigation/destination during a flight or to reset autopilot destination.

5. Photoreal scenery updates for Northern Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany) and parts of Latin America (Mexico and Peru)

1. Higher res mesh
  2. More watermarks
  3. Real liveries on AI traffic
  4. Real time AI traffic that disappear upon touchdown
  5. Recreational boats modeled in marinas and moving around on sea
  6. Drag and drop aircraft on world map in game (FSX style)
  7. Ability to change aircraft type/livery in game (FSX style)

Logbook Editor

• More features and better documentation for the SDK.
  • Open 747 and 787 for more modding.
  • improved avionics.
  • better support for ultra wide monitors.
  • Replays.

Fix Australia, namely my home state of Western Australia.
Around the Perth CBD, bridges and traffic travel under water.

BJ from OZ

I want the game to load.

1 Like

1.Performance optimization, increase FPS
2.Reduce CTD
3.Improve China’s map and airport data. At present, China’s data in the game stays more than ten years ago
4.Adding more features to the airliner
5.Improve the SDK so that third-party teams can better develop new extensions

This is easy to do - you can set up multiple profiles for each controller and just select the one you want depending on the plane you are flying

Happy New Year at you Asobo/Microsoft/and pilots

Hi @gordongreig,

Thank you for pointing this out to me! I was not aware that one can create multiple profiles per controller.

2 Likes

Glad to help. There are a couple of related wishlist items you can vote for if you feel like it:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/joystick-controller-profiles-that-follows-aircraft/260872?u=gordongreig

1- No bugs on base planes
2- Dx12 (DLSS+CPU optimization)

That is all I need for this to be the perfect sim, that and studio level airliners of course

1. Performance optimization
  2. DLSS
  3. More fps in VR
  4. Better multithreading
  5. Bug free planes

I haven’t got as much experience with Flight Sims (yet!) as others here have, so the only improvement I’d love to see is VR running smoother/better. I do need to upgrade my PC (I’m planning on building a new PC sometime soon instead) but it’d be nice if VR mode would already be smoother. It was gorgeous already, but it had some weird graphical lags that almost made me dizzy (when moving my head around).

I wish…

ASOBO would research which airfields have active tower personnel. i.e. ATC at fields which really do have a bloke on the mic.

OBS/SUSP button so you can do RNAV holds.

Proper glideslope capture (currently many times I don’t capture it until well after the FAF).

Fix changing arrival/approaches and show in GPS/flight plan.

Ability to change flight plan during flight either with GPS or menus (or both).

Ability to get IFR clearance after starting a VFR flight (get IFR in the air).

Working ATIS/accurate weather.

More accurate and less exaggerated icing. Working defroster in all planes.

Better flight systems (proper mixture/lean behavior, proper management of MP and RPM).

1 Like