Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

I wonder if this issue is related to changing Bing maps that has been occurring recently: Changing Bing Maps!

1 Like

it’s much much older than 2-3 weeks

4 Likes

It’s quite prominent in Southern France around the Toulouse area

1 Like

I never experienced it until recently (last 2 to 3 weeks). I only fly in Iran! Not sure if that has anything to do with it …

1 Like

Well, that’s why you have not experience it before. Europe, especially Alps region, is heavily affected by this bug.

4 Likes

Do you think it’s also related to Bing map changing? I would be surprised if they change the Bing map for certain areas of the world only! I have only experienced the Bing Map changing back and forth (old to new and back to old) in the past 2-3 weeks!

Yeah, this seems to be much worse for me lately and I’ve seen it a ton while flying around the US. Hoping SU15 will resolve it as mentioned.

1 Like

Started happening to me recently. Panning around in the cockpit and ground textures pop in and out.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is DX12 Broken Ground Tiles Fixed?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is DX12 Broken Ground Tiles Fixed?

This has been happening to me for a month or so randomly. Sometimes happens in same places, sometimes doesn’t.
This is STILL occurring in the SU15 beta.
Yet again promising so much prior to beta launch and failing. Shouldn’t be difficult to isolate this problem!

5 Likes

SU15 beta, still present.
It’s just not fun flying in those areas anymore, really. Shatters all the reasons flying in scenic areas was interesting in the first place…

14 Likes

Location? I’ll see if I can repro

1 Like

Sad, so so sad.

2 Likes

This happening in even more places now. Approaching London Heathrow on LOGAN2H arrival sorry I don’t have a video but you can clealry see the tiles popping in from the photo as they are so different from the others.

This issue is really ruining the visuals aspects of the sim, which is the main draw of this sim.

It really needs addressing urgently.

6 Likes

I agree. This needs to be permanently fixed.

2 Likes

This is a reminder that this thread is meant to serve as a bug topic, not a discussion topic. If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the following template. In addition, if you find workarounds or processes that helped resolve the bug for you, please feel free to post about it, as it may help the team’s investigation.

Outside of this, please use https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discuss-on-aerial-ground-times-issues/620450 to discuss this bug.

All other posts will be removed.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This bug is really beginning to be found everywhere and just spreading, this video is showing it in Innsbruck valley.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

https://youtu.be/4kRQt1n97tA
(sorry I forgot the sound was recording, and I think there was some contract bridge video in the background……)

1 Like

Didn’t the devs recognise this issue and have a fix ready to implement for SU15? I seem to remember they did but I have also experienced this MORE in the beta. I take it from this that they haven’t been able to come up with a fix.

8 Likes

Yes, this is a new phenomenon for me. Just started recently, but it depreciates the experience. I can watch the low res textures popping in in a circle around my plane. It drops the high res ones (which are present) and low res pops in. Seems the opposite of what should be happening.

5 Likes