Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

When flying around, ground tiles change in hue and pop in and out in different shades constantly

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

See many other reported screenshots and videos. This was meant to be fixed in SU15 beta. It’s still not fixed. This needs to be permanently fixed.

4 Likes

This issue crept in very slowly for me and is now apparent on every flight! The impact that it has on immersion is such I can’t use the sim in its current state.
Utterly hideous and massively disappointed this hasn’t been addressed in the beta as the devs eluded to in their last brief.

11 Likes

The… problem?.. is in bing maps.

I say problem? because from their perspective (bing’s) this isn’t a problem at all.

I see no reason why this would’nt be fixable from asobo’s end by slightly changing the way the game uses the data from bing.

6 Likes

Seeing this tile popping really bad today over Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Really bad actually. And I’m not in the beta.

2 Likes

This is not how it works, there Bing transfer data to Microsoft Azure server then to Msfs, if it was easy to found out the root of the issue, would be already fixed, issue can be on Azure side, there variable can do this on several area.

2 Likes

Yep, happening on all flights. Real immersion killer.

1 Like

This is a reminder that this thread is meant to serve as a bug topic, not a discussion topic. If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the above template. In addition, if you find workarounds or processes that helped resolve the bug for you, please feel free to post about it, as it may help the team’s investigation.

Outside of this, please use https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discuss-on-aerial-ground-times-issues/620450 to discuss this bug.

1 Like

As a reminder, several moderator posts have been made:

Bug reports are to report a bug. If you wish to discuss with other members, use:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discuss-on-aerial-ground-times-issues/620450

All other posts will be removed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discuss on Aerial/Ground times issues

19 posts were split to a new topic: Big circle of low res textures around my plane

same issue here: Changing Bing Maps! - #51 by GingerTea1990

Seems to be affecting certain regions e.g. i did a Caribbean flight and its not happening there neither America New York anyway but UK,Europe,North Africa and japan this is happening

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes and note I am on SU15 Beta

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Tiles popping just north of Frankfurt city on the outskirts

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Listening to developer stream last week they did touch on this issue and ensure a fix is due along with SU15, however, if this is the case then why are we not seeing it implemented into the beta? Surely they would have done so by now. I’m very sceptical that this can be fixed.

A good clear picture of how it’s ruined the sim…

Picture 1) My own created airport - Manston UK how it looked in my sim last week.

Picture2) How it looks now!!
I have not installed a thing or touched any settings at all.

Something has to be done surely, it’s made the sim a mess!

2 Likes

done a flight across the south coast of the USA and issue/Bug still remains seems to be only Caribbean thats not affected and the res of the world is… so can someone tell me if this is a bug or issue caused by the world update?

ive never had this before and since ive updated its started to happen everywhere i go the only place is the caribbean that i dont seem to have this issue and setting the LOD to 400 just makes it happen further away and am unsure if this is the same bug/issue everyone is on about in this topic?

1 Like

hello all, i am new here i am experiencing this still to this day, i have done a fresh windows install and msfs install onto separate drives, . its making me so angry but glad im not the only one,

Wow. They really need to fix this.

I am on SU15 beta and I have the same tile popping problem as well.

It was stated on the dev livestream that this is a code bug and fixed in SU15 but it clearly isn’t in the beta. Maybe it will be fixed with a server side change when SU15 goes GA, but it’s not looking very convincing.

1 Like