Today we, a small group of MSFS enthusiasts, are happy to announce the development of an ambitious OPEN-SOURCE traffic overhaul system, both for Live Traffic and offline AI traffic of MSFS. It is a successor to Live Traffic with working liveries. We are building a community-driven expansion to Flight Simulator’s traffic system, which allows everyone to add aircraft models and liveries to both online and eventually offline traffic. No more generic faceless planes, you will be able to fly with real aircraft dressed in proper liveries.
Note: If it wasn’t for this wonderful community of passionate enthusiast I don’t know if this project ever would have come to fruition. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank each and every one of you for fueling our passion to making this sim even more enjoyable.
- Support Live Traffic with FLAi aircraft. Currently not all models are supported well in the sim. We will be releasing a list of supported aircraft that you can include in your sim and apply our configs to.
- Continue testing one-by-one, which aircraft/liveries are working well in the sim and not causing CTD’s and add support. This will be iterative and published immediately after sign off.
- Refine AI behaviors (takeoff roll, flare) curated for each model aircraft.
- Provide an open-beta in the near future for kind, specific, and actionable feedback.
- Partner with LiveryMegaPack, FLAi, and anyone else who is interested.
- Working model matching for FLAi aircraft in MSFS.
- 99% of all aircraft have correct configs (including liveries).
- Hand tested 20% of FLAi Aircraft. We have signed off on around 17% of them.
- Assembled group of coders, modelers, and enthusiasts.
- Assembled closed Alpha testing team.
- Experimental AI Traffic flight plans FOR FLAi aircraft.
- Adjusting rotate/flare parameters for each aircraft.
- Proper model and livery matching for every ICAO listed aircraft in the sky or ground. You will see real Horizon Dash-8 flights in Seattle, not the yellow generic Baron-like planes. True Aeroflot landings in Moscow and Air France in Paris.
- Community ecosystem (AI Traffic Gateway). Model and livery artists will be able to add their aircraft through FSLTL’s standardized onboarding.
- Independent install system - install, uninstall or update FSLTL separately from model libraries.
- Complete rework of the offline traffic system based on real flight data. Even offline, at proper time and day proper aircraft will fly by it’s schedule.
- Please participate in any threads for AI/LIVE Traffic Improvements and the ability to control ground aircraft spawning!
- Please contact us on FSLTL DISCORD or DM @BigBabyKP or @Nerbulus in the forums if:
- You want to include/test your AI traffic model you’ve built.
- You have modeling experience and want to get your hand in the project.
- Have made good progress with integrating AI aircraft into MSFS (you will be prioritized as testers that can get promoted to dev).
- You are a livery creator.
- Have experience building native applications.
We will build a FAQ based on questions asked in the thread! Stay tuned for the release of our GitHub repository where you will find project status updates and wiki… and eventually the release of the open-beta configs!
- The FLAi Group and all of it’s modelers and livery creators http://flai.bvartcc.com/
- @Nerbulus for the awesome logo
- Our wonderful Alpha testers!
IMGUR GALLERY (credits to all Testers and Devs who took these pictures)