Checking for Updates Screen - Stuck

Brief description of the issue: via the MS store, updated to 1.15.7, when restarting the game I’m now getting stuck on the Checking For Updates screen.

Recently re-installed the whole game, so it’s pretty much a fresh install, ie: There is nothing in the community folder.

Any tips?

Thx.

You have an incompatible addon/mod in your community folder. Empty it and see if the sim starts. If yes, you have to track it down

1 Like

Community folder is empty.

5 Likes

is the same for me stuck on the Checking for udpates screen

2 Likes

And it was written with such assuredness too…

And then this LOL

11 Likes

Same issue. Two updates downloaded - also Steam updated but stuck despite re-boots

2 Likes

I though the " ie: There is nothing in the community folder." would have given it away :smiley:

5 Likes

Exact same issue…

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve removed everything from the community folder, rebooted, updated windows to latest, all to no avail. I really truly do not want to re-install this gargantuan application.

Hoping that its an Asobo server issue or a quick hotfix soonest. Regards

3 Likes

I have the same problem

2 Likes

same issue here.
Yesterday I thought maybe the servers are too busy, but now I think it’s something else ?

My community folder is empty. I removed the handful of planes I had in there before I started the update yesterday.

Only thing not stock is that I have edited the FLT files of the stock Bushtrips to be flown with different planes, but I don’t think this should be a cause for the issue.

If somebody could tell me the original planes for the four bushtrips, I could however edit it back :roll_eyes:

Will let the MSFS run in the background to see if it sorts itself out in the next days.

This all that happens in an endless loop.

Doesn’t matter if I restart the PC or close and restart the App or whatever.
Yesterday it downloaded a couple of hundred MB but that was all it did.

He edired that part in after my answer.

2 Likes

I have de-installed everything and am now downloading all of the MSFS 2020 from scratch. So far it seems to be working, but it will take a while.

Good luck - let us know please.

I will.
It’s downloading so far, but with my internet it will take a couple of days.

tbh, I’m really looking forward to the Xbox Series version of MSFS, so I can leave the PC version with all of it’s problems behind.

I have exactly the same issue.

Except when I first got the opportunity to be able to update my PC completely froze after about 5 minutes of downloading, from the audio playing on another program to the display. I had no other option but to turn my PC off by the physical power button by holding it down.

Since then, I’ve been stuck on this screen and I have tried everything from clearing the cache, my community folder, deleting the config file and checking for the latest windows updates / windows store updates to no avail.

And I don’t know how it can fix itself, as in order to update it needs to check for them first, which it does infinitely.

Same. Emptied the community folder. Updated every driver I could find. Then did a complete uninstall…now I can’t reinstall because it crashes before “Checking for Updates”

I am back in the game, after annoying everybody else that wanted to use the internet today. I used the whole bandwidth (share it with neighbour), for the completely new re-installation , download went flawless.

1 Like

As everyone else here…same exact issue. Did all that emptying community folder, updating windows and NVidia drivers…just frkkn ridiculous…does X plane have these issues as this?? well…thinking about switching over cuz if Im gonna do a reinstall it might as well be a new game…just about every single update has been grief stricken…for a game that cost this much, it shouldnt have to be this difficult…(Considers letting MSFS collect some dust)

1 Like

Nope X-Plane doesn’t have these types of issues.

You know, I’m pretty much done with MSFS2020. I shouldn’t have to battle the application every time I try to run it. It’s tiring.

I’m sticking with XPlane, maybe not as pretty as MSFS, but the planes are great (Zibo 737 & Toliss A321) and has excellent flight dynamics.

8 Likes