Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

It amazes me how a small amount of people working on the A320NX can get so much done in fixing the the A320 and an army of staff at ASOBO and Microsoft give us eye candy and can’t deliver serious fixes for the most important things in this Sim. So disappointing we wait all this time but the serious problems are not addressed.

16 Likes

Well, i now CTD after 2 updates today. I cant hit the FLY icon after selecting a departure runway. Not even selecting an arrival one fixes that.

I have to come out of the flight plan so the fly button lights up.

Game seem to then load but CTD before anything happens. Same issue when loading a flightplan.

Happens with empty Community Directory as well as with my other stuff in it.

Updated SDK - makes no difference.

Anyother POS from M$ - why cant they get thing right before releasing it!!

2 Likes

The only thing that makes me feel gratified is that aboso is still updating, it seems to be still “working”, rather than dead like FSX.

You have to develop a habit of deleting all the content in the community before updating. Otherwise, you will bear all the consequences.

Just installed. Deleted Community content. Well, let’s see…

Ok, now the FLY button in the world map screen is unavailable. Darn.
Went to “activities” screen and chose one, clicked on FLY button. CTD

Good grief.

3 Likes

Even if, will it really provide what simmers are expecting?

You might want to support these:
Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question - #14 by CptLucky8
Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question - #59 by EvidencePlz

1 Like

Arcade games, don’t talk about artificial intelligence. Why don’t you join the fight? like CS ARMA ~

Well, over the last few months since that Q&A, I’ve stated multiple times in various discussions that I had low expectations for what they’d do to the Garmins in this update and received a ton of flak from the white knights for “doubting Jorg’s word”.

Looks like I wasn’t far off the mark.

However, they did enable OBS mode, and apparently, the Direct To function now works correctly in the G1000 where it was terribly broken previously. I just need confimation that the “turnaround bug” when activating an approach has been fixed. If that’s been fixed, then I’ll be satisfied.

I still don’t think that translates into “doing it right” by any means, but fixing bugs that have been there for months and been an endless source of fustration is a welcome change.

5 Likes

This is a good start imo. I’m sure there’s tons of changes under the hood too to allow for more stuff

I never do that and I have not had any problems. That’s magical thinking

The first batch of users willing to spend money to buy the deluxe version has already complete.
Later, scattered wait-and-see customers will buy some standard editions considering the feelings and cost-effectiveness of the deluxe edition users.
Who else will buy next?
I can only count on the sales of reality shows.
Who knows how to paint big pie, how to achieve it in the lifetime?

Even if, will it really provide what simmers are expecting?

Does it ever?

100%. They said ATIS Accuracy would be fixed this update.

If you haven’t yet upvoted my ATIS Sky Condition thread, would appreciate it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just looked at march 4th update, the report says nothing about ATC and ATIS, just that weather is stuck at 2kts, which is untrue, live weather works.

I hope this update brings the changes Aerosoft was waiting for / working with Asobo on in order to finally finish the CRJ.

Am I wrong expecting this?

Edit: oh it’s already announced it’s coming next week! Wohoo
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crj-by-aerosoft-releasing-march-16/373137

1 Like

I wish people would stop assuming the negative side of things and dogging the FSX liveries…it could be that they’re loading test liveries in so they can start working on and testing a real AI traffic solution but they cannot test with the real liveries. Sometimes there’s a roundabout way something gets done and this could be a step in the right direction. Just sayin…it may not be as simple as you think.

4 Likes

As long as those bugs are fixed, I honestly don’t care about the rest. I didn’t expect much to start with. If the bugs are fixed, I’m happy. I’ll let the WorkingTitle team make the Garmins look good and add the missing functionality. The issue was that the bugs were a core part of the sim, so the WT mods were stuck using those calls. So regardless of if you were using the Garmins stock or modded, you hit the same walls in functionality.

1 Like

This update froze during the up date process, but has now restarted however the installation manager is saying the size is 151 GiB! is this a full reinstall and if so any ideas why?

What’s everyone’s GPU usage like? Mines dropped to < 10% since the update.

Thanks to aboso’s after-sales service, let us enjoy a very high-quality service.