Live traffic with liveries

This is comment which I find puzzling to some extent and I’ve commented about this a few weeks ago:

Having said this, I strongly hope and wish Jorg will be able to secure licensing rights from all and every single airline company, but in the meantime, if this is only to get a handful of liveries per-region every 3 months… And if this is Air France we’re talking about, what will aircraft look like at KSFO for example: Air France 747 in the middle of yellow A320, or will it be limited to traffic showing up within the France World Update boundaries?

And then what about accuracy of model/liveries matching? There are some companies not operating certain types of aircraft and this is a long time resolved question with most of 3rd party libs and solutions already, but what about FS2020?

Now let’s add on top of this 3D model optimizations and variety. Again a question already solved in the simmer community for a long time with very complete libs of models. But what about the standard models in FS2020, which can’t even display their landing gears beyond 50m or so?

Really, I believe in the vision, but I fear execution will leave a sour taste and this makes me wondering what would benefit most FS2020 from a simmer perspective (maybe not from Microsoft perspective though), between investing time and resources securing assets and liveries and models, vs investing time and resources building the necessary SDK feature for 3rd parties.

6 Likes