System: i9 9900k, RTX3090 (MSI SuprimX), 32GB 3200 RAM, SSDm2, 850w BeQuiet PSU (definitely no thermal issues, no probolems with other Games).
What I´ve tried so far:
- deinstall all unnecessary software including Afterburner/Riva Tuner
- change Monitor refreshrate 144/120/60
- Switch to HDMI Cable instead of Display cable for my 2 Monitors
- Disabled/enabled Vsync and Gsync
- Used a very old nVidia driver from June 21
- removed overclocking from my CPU
- turned HAGS in Windows On/Off
- changed XMP Profile for my Ram sticks from XMPI to XMPII
- Added 32GB RAM (so 64 in total, had that around but didnt use it)
- disabled community folder
- deinstalled all WMR Portal and related software like OpenXR Dev tool
- Updated all Motherboard features: BIOS, Chipset… anything
- Turned off MS antivirus/Firewall features
- switched BIOS from Gaming to Silent mode on my MSI RTX3090
- Disabled “preallocating Virtual Monitors” in regsitry (What this does? google it please).
- removed every USB device except for the Reverb G2.
- Used cable Internet instead of Wifi
- Installed the MSI monitor drivers (I have two monitors from MSI)
- Used just one monitor
- Used nVidia Hotfix Driver 496.84
I can switch back and forth VR <–> 2D in the MSFS Menu but when loaded a flight I sometimes manage to switch once but in 9 of 10 cases there is a CTD (Screen freezes, strange freezed noise followed by MSFS closing to desktop). In some rare cases, I can switch back from VR but reenabling VR shows the message “No OpenXR …found, please make sure you have OpenXr installed”.
Everything worked fine until one Day before the new OpenXR release.
In Windows eventviewer, there´s always a message “nvlddmkm” doesn´t work anymore and was recovered (translated roughly from german).
nvlddmkm is nVidia related to the nVidia driver but I don´t know if this is the root cause or the driver crashed because MSFS/VR did?
My thoughts: If you goole for nvlddmkm and eventviewer, you will see a lot of answers and many solutions that didn´t help. I tried many of these. If you guys have another idea, please let me know.
Does anyone have the problem with an AMD Graphics card? All people here have an nVidia card?
I think it is related to something about the nVidia Driver. I don´t know.
I spoke to one guy in discord who has almost same setup and has no problems switching. So many people of course don´t have this problem. I really hope, the community finds the answer of what causing this.