My Way Achievement Tips

I thought so, just not seen a checklist that long or comprehensive before.

They vary in length

Since you started on the runway, and not cold/dark, the sim autocompleted everything up to “Line Up”.
You won’t see that in the checklist if you choose your departing parking spot.

I can understand that bit. I just haven’t seen a checklist that went from gate to gate before. This was the TMB, but the Neo checklist is just to point of engine startup for example.

1 Like

That’s the regular checklist for the TBM. I’ve gone through it multiple times.

To be fair, this is the first achievement I’ve had issues with on Xbox. All the others I got worked fine for me. And the only reason I was trying this one was as a test to see if I was flying the plane correctly.

But, I mean, out of all the achievements that could be broken, I’d say this one is among the least problematic: in order to get it, one just has to do a thing that’s among the most common everybody will be doing while playing this game anyways. Flying a plane realistically in flights ranging from one to three hours and landing it. Sooner or later it should pop just by total chance, based on what people are saying about how they got it.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the problem, though.

This shouldn’t be gotten “randomly” or “by chance” when there’s a VERY specific set of guidelines to follow.

Of the .07% of players that have gotten it, 100% of them didn’t get it from a single flight, or by NOT using assistance. Both of which the sim tells yo is a must

You said this is the only achievement you had problems with. What about “Flights Of Fancy”? Did that one give you any trouble?

Nope. I got that one without problems. Just flew the distance with the three different types of planes as it says.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I’m using the Standard Edition of the game with GamePass. I haven’t downloaded anything other that the game updates and free DLC like the additional landing challenges, world updates, bush trips and such.

I got the achievement. I just turned off ATC in the options and baddah bing baddah bang! It worked.

How? More details are needed :rofl:

Please explain the process in detail

i try to listen to this while trying to complete

As that video is a year old, it won’t work. He mentions turning the flight over to co-pilot after landing. Since the TU at console launch, doing so voids the achievement.

Np, I’ve removed the vid. Thanks for letting me know.

Are you trolling us? You going to tell us how you got it? :v:

If his gamertag is the same as his username on here, it was earned back in May so that was before the update that broke it unfortunately.

2 Likes

Definitely a possibility. I believe there was an airport under me when the achievement popped but I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

Just got it today (PC). See my account of unlocking it here-

3 Likes

Congratulations on getting the achievement :clap:

Looks like the only thing that’s different is you missing ATC and having to request it all again.

Going to boot up and let that happen and see if the cheevo pops.

The sim is such a mess with bugs currently and this could/hopefully be the trick that’s needed for it to pop.

1 Like

Can you remember if you chose VFR/IFR? What parking spots you chose. Did you change arrivals/approach etc before pressing fly if you chose IFR.
Multilayer on or off/did you use live weather?

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you. Definitely IFR & low alt airways although most of time I was at FL410. I even forgot to hit standard on the baro so was up at FL430 for a while! ATC told me off to get back down.
Can’t remember the gates. Think they were parking areas not at gates/jetways EGPH was in a large lot towards runway 24 end next to some scruffy buildings. Toulouse was a parking area but it was assigned by ATC. Had to cross both runways to get to it.

1 Like

Multiplayer is always off in my settings.
As with every airliner flight I do in world map I choose departure airport, gate, arrival airport and ils approach/runway ahead of clicking fly.
I also went with Live time, and live weather and live traffic.

1 Like