New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

hi, i am unable to create new posts ? is this because I am new, what do I need to get access to start posting on the forums ?

thanks

1 Like

Hi @ScannableRo

New users are not allowed to create topics to prevent spamming. Take a look here: Trust Levels and How To Advance

Hi there. Happy to be here. I am new to FS along with a new PC. So far things are going ok for me. Itā€™s a big learning curve as I am retired and enjoying a couple of great planes. TBM 930 and Kodiak 100 amphibious models. Wishing you all the best with your flights.

3 Likes

Hi folks.

My name is actually Bruce but on most of the gaming sites on which I am a member my handle is Bizzā€¦short for Biznawich.

Iā€™ve had some version of MS Flt Sim on my computer(s) since the early 80ā€™s (Tandy). I only just purchased the 2019 versionā€¦waiting for all the bugs, fixes and patches to be done with. Also, I bought a new laptop with enough muscle to run it (and a few other online games I immerse myself in) on ultra.

I am (was) a private pilot with slightly over 11,000 hours though I was asked to relinquish my ticket when my 2nd class annual turned up type-2 diabetes in 2012.

Oh well, I still retain the knowledge/skill and old friends allow me tag along on occasion, and while it isnā€™t necessary, I do maintenance for them in return for free or at significantly reduced cost relative to the local FBOā€¦my A&P is forever (or until my demise cancels it). :wink: It tends to keep my dexterity in conditionā€¦Iā€™m presently 67 years old.

Nice making all your acquaintances.

4 Likes

Hello my name is Luigi ā€œGigiā€ I have known this simulator since it was born, it has made great strides and I have aged
Hello

3 Likes

I am new to this forum, but not to MSFS. How the blank do you post anything? I am not dumb, but I can find nowhere to post a new (as opposed to reply - like this) message. Is there a button I am missing? Do I have to have the Popeā€™s imprimatur first? Baby talk me through this, please.
Modal Tub20

1 Like

Hi @ModalTub20
New users are not allowed to create topics to prevent spamming. Take a look here: Trust Levels and How To Advance

Thank you. Guess I will have to read a few posts randomly, etc. I assume that once I hit that magic ā€œtrust levelā€ (I know, I donā€™t want bots or spammers either) there will be some button that says something like ā€œNew Topicā€.

1 Like

Hello. Not exactly new to FS (on PC) but this is my first xbox, so Iā€™m just gonna look around and absorb as much as I canand know that there are such things as dumb questions.

3 Likes

Hello, IĀ“m Alejandro from Argentina, I recently bought FS2020 after 4 years on X-Plane 11.
I use the PC version on Steam, and entered the flight simulation world because since I was a kid IĀ“m in love with planes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Iā€™m new to MSFS2020. I need all the help one can offer please in the intial setup and then which downloads to get to improve the sim.

5 Likes

Hi,

Welcome aboard!

I would suggest following the installation guides available (depending on which version you own)
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=āœ“&query=installation+guide

After youā€™re up and running you can check out some of the forum posts here on must have add-ons. There are several topics actually.

Happy flying!

Hi, this is Maliā€™B. Love playing MFS on Xbox Series S. I have been playing the game since it was launched. This game helps me to boost my knowledge in planes and how they work.
I even did a review about the game (@XboxTrends on YouTube)
I wanna buy a pc so that I can experience and play the game to its full potential.

4 Likes

Lawrence Sweet fs9 and now 2020

2 Likes

Hello,

I am a real world pilot and part owner of a Cessna 340 and Cessna 441. Avionics are G500/G600 TXi with GTN 750 in both airplanes.

My sim setup is 3x55" TVs + 2 15 inch touchscreens, honeycomb yoke and throttle, and thrustmaster pedals. I plan to switch the virtual panel to 2x22" touchscreens and one 15" touchscreen in between the seats. I currently run an AMD 5900X and AMD 6900XT, I am planning a 7900X/4090 mini-ITX build.

I also have an XBox at home with MSFS. Interested to see more home cockpit features for MSFS!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums @MaliB9929, @InnerMantella56, and @john330303! We hope you have a pleasant experience. There are many people here who are happy to help guide you around or answer questions to donā€™t hesitate to start exploring!

1 Like

Hello all,
My name is Lance but go by Landskull and currently trying to use the sim on an Xbox Series S cloud streaming version. New to sim but have flown radio control for years. I am having quite a few issues with the sim right now but hoping I can det some answers now that Iā€™ve found the forum. I look forward to chatting and the sim.

2 Likes

Hi, you can call me: Sergio
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
I want to try flight simulation because: I`ve already played this kind of simulation a long time ago and I would like to retorn to play it again.
I would like a help about the compatibility with my system:

NVIDIA GeForce MX110
Processor Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 36.0 GB (35.9 GB usable)

is it possible to play with this hardware?

2 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m HarleyDave6228 ,Dave for short, I love cars and planes so thatā€™s why I got a DOF rig , but my knowledge on video games is limited as I got into gaming late in life, lets say 64 yrs into life! I am playing MSFS X and MSFS 2020 both of them on my PC, love them both but very frustrating when you donā€™t know where to start, thatā€™s why I am here! Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Sergio,

I believe the GeForce MX110 is below the minimum specification.

See here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

There is still an option to play via game pass cloud gaming though,

See here:

1 Like