Official Discussion: August 5th, 2021 Development Update

They are probably saying a few days as the team don’t control the release of the updates. The files are sent to the Xbox network team for checking and then release on the network.

As for those saying Asobo should work over the weekend no they shouldn’t. Devs are humans as well and have every right to spend time with their families instead of spending every waking hour working on a game.

Let’s not forget that even during the pandemic the team kept delivering even when things were bad in France. They kept their focus and delivered most of the updates on time. So instead of demanding they work over the weekend give them time and they will deliver the update when it’s ready.

7 Likes

Please watch the video I posted above, then come back.

Yep, I see your point there and I really hope they are not “crunching” their developers there in Asobo, though I have my doubds. Even the manager Sebastien on their dev videos shows exhausted.

1 Like

Something weird started today. Went to run FS and it went to the MS store to download Gaming Services but it wouldn’t download. Rebooted and started FS again and it ran. I though that, maybe, just maybe they implemented this hotfix but no. I don’t understand why that happened earlier. Now flying the 172 and my callsign is wrong. ATC keeps calling me Delta 77 even though I set it to N5236Q (the tail number of a plane I flew in real life many years ago). I had used Delta 77 with SU4 many months ago on the FBW 320 but that’s not in the field now. Weird.

Yeah, I think you are right. Developers make mistakes. Exhausted developers doubly so. It’s a vicious cycle, and one that only management can break.

I read they were aiming for today but could go into monday , As much as id love this update today i would rather wait a extra week so more things dont break

To my understanding,they have no clue how to manage their community or customers.
After all this frustration all these days,which was never seen before in such scale,YOU DON’T SAY that FRIDAY or monday comes the new FIX,which will then be replaced by “In the next business days etc etc”
What do they expect from all those suffering from CTDs?
You state in the 1st place. “HOTFIX comes next WEEK”
End of story.
They keep fueling the rage

4 Likes

Whatever our opinions on the update, I would hope we can all understand that game development is a very tough industry to work in, with a lot of bad practices and a lot of exhausted, overworked and underpaid staff.

Those saying things like ‘why can’t they just work 2 days overtime to get it out today’, they have probably been working overtime for the last year to get the xbox release ready and the continued updates. Despite the stereotypes floating around about France, they clearly haven’t all gone on holiday. Yes in Europe the summer holidays are taken more seriously, but that’s a good thing I’d say, cultures that promote working people to the bone are not very healthy if you ask me. In any case, Asobo are working.

I have made it clear that I am not happy with the sim as it is, less so the graphics issues that recently appeared and more so the continuing sim bugs that don’t show any sign of going away. However, the developers will mostly be young people doing their best in difficult circumstances and with no control over demands from above, so I would never demand they give up their weekend just so I can get 2 days playing a game. There is a bigger picture.

2 Likes

Φίλε Σάκη, I would guess that Asobo is under pressure from Microsoft to deliver quickly. This kind of project is not just a mere game for 12yo , this is a simulator and the best we’ve seen so far, having the bar set really high. And I mean HIGH!
I might be wrong but Asobo was not a big studio before MSFS and now they struggle to keep up to the role. Still I feel they have their heart at the right place and really want to deliver, but MS should give them more time to deliver a decent fix or update.

3 Likes

What do you expect might be a better question?

Φίλε μου🥂 I’m with you and i am not the enemy of ASOBO.
I just state my mind on some misshandling,by my own perspective which of course might be wrong as well

1 Like

I got no CTDs,so i don’t expect anything except the usual microbugs which they will fix.

There is absolutely no apology needed, don’t rush the fixes, rushing could lead to mistakes being made, I’m a patient person.

Agree with this.

The communication strategy needs to be reevaluated based on this and the past. Hopefully the new community representative will have a better handle on the needed approach to cater to this community.

I personally have no CTD or major issues btw,

1 Like

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but is this update dropping onto Xbox also or just for pc? Thanks.

Poor communication doesn’t necessarily stem from the community team.

As a general rule, in a project like this CMs are as low on the totem pole as you can get - they shouldn’t be, but they are . They often get less decision making authority than the receptionist and personal assistants, and often given really important information as an afterthought hours or days after a decision has been made. Annoyingly they’re often under resourced and have their hands deliberately tied by management.

I can tell you that Jayne and Ollie work really hard for this community, and in many ways you probably won’t see, I’m also really happy to see they’re getting more help, but don’t expect it to fix communication issues as many of them are likely out of their hands

7 Likes

‘You can read more about the fixes coming as well as other issues we are working on here.”

ok thank you . I was more concerned about the MSFS_SDK_Core_Installer_0.14.0.0 bugs rather the game :slight_smile: I´ll post in that topic link as well.

Let’s just hope things will improve. The need for better communications was raised in a post a few days ago and was acknowledged.

1 Like

True. We don’t want to download 120GB in every updates or hotfixes