Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

@Jummivana
Dear Jane, you might want to take this also into evaluation:

1. Flight Training might have a bug: Training Session
  2. Drone Camera Speed is too slow:
1 Like

This sometimes happens when the servers are overloaded. If you switch over to offline audio (instead of azure), does it work then? (cc @JEP795)

I just hope this hot fix will make my Sim work again. Since SU, (and after already trying to install the sim 4 times), the game just wonā€™t start (the flightsimulator.exe appears on the task manager and after a couple of seconds disappears). I had never had any issue with the sim before. Filed a complaint with Zendesk and Iā€™m still waiting for feedbackā€¦ it should be possible to revert to the previous build until you solve all this mess!

I suggest you sign up for the next beta opportunity.

1 Like

This is a very good news :grinning:

Never tried that, may explain intermittent on and off. Will give it a try next time, thanks

My ctdā€™s happen now when i use the b787 or 747. It seems FBW have solved the issue on their side, because their A20N doesnā€™t cause ctd anymore. Yet, i only did t/o + touch and goā€™s. I didnā€™t try to file a flight plan or do a full flight between 2 airports

Thanks for the update Asobo, we all really appreciate the continuous community feedback and the immense work that goes into this sim.

2 Likes

Good news :slight_smile: Thank You that You are listening us :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I canā€™t wait, but sadly you will be on XPlane or on the beach playing monkey tennis or whatever, as we all know? :wink:

At least you seem to believe now that MS/Asobo may actually have good intentions for the PC version.

2 Likes

yesterday Iā€™ve seen that in-game marketplace download speeds were capped to exactly 10 MBits/s
is this the answer to server overload?

Iā€™m xbox, but thanks for letting me know anyways :+1:

You are assuming quite some things here. And chances are quite high that you are mistaken :wink:.
Best!

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite cynical! I love it! :rofl: :joy:

It would have been nice if they could have gotten rid of the white toolbar up top. Itā€™s annoying and messes up my screenshots, unless I crop them. Thatā€™s a lot of extra work.
On that note, does anyone know if the mod that was available a few months ago that would hide the toolbar work with this update? I guess it couldnā€™t hurt to try it.
Regardless, Iā€™m impressed with Asobo for addressing our issues. It shows that they really care.

When under time presure, picking the lowest hanging fruits is the smartes move.
I have seen no CTDs, but I agree that itā€™s the most inhibiting issue reported. If the thing frequently crashed on me, I wouldnā€™t bother flying at all.

Unfortunately, the CTDs are also notoriously difficult to track down because of endless combinations of hardware, drivers, conflicting applications and settings. Furthermore, there seems to be several bugs causing CTD, so it will take some time to find and correct them all. Thatā€™s just how it is.

Therefore, it does make a lot of sense to build a patch with fixes for errors that have quickly been identified.

5 Likes

@BarmySpark17058

I suppose that by widening the bandwidth, lots of problems will disappear - live weather, rolling cache etcā€¦

You might be not wrong :wink:

the joystick does not support the ā€œrelease - remove spoilersā€ command"

I have a ā€œbugā€ that nobody else has mentioned yet. When I customise an aircraft tail number or call sign, it remembers names and callsigns I used before SU5. Also, ā€œappend heavyā€ keeps reverting to ā€œonā€ even when unchecking that box. Yesterday night, it was hilarious to be flying the C172 and hear ā€œDelta 77 heavy, climb and maintain flight level 290ā€ from ATC :joy:

3 Likes