Servers Down - Stutters - Connection Issues [June 2024]

Ok! seems im not the only one since the update ive been having internet disconnect and sim freezes . Im thinking its a W10 update that screwed the sim.

There are a number of ā€œonlineā€ games that can, and do, communicate live with the player base at login and or in-game via message windows, etc.

Yes, MSFS can be played in offline mode and/or with no Internet connection, however Iā€™d wager that a miniscule amount of users use the sim that way.

Why not implement an in-game status window on the Welcome screen for 2024? Or even get really clever and have ATC make an announcement via Azure that there is a current issue. (Provided Azure isnā€™t the issue, ha!)

I do get that this sim has pushed boundaries but And itā€™s a big BUT. Companies of the size of those involved in production of this sim. And Iā€™m sorry if this sounds bad but it comes over as being a tad amateurish to me that their infrastructure isnā€™t able to handle the product.

8 Likes

hope the servers will be back soon,and maybe longer then a few hoursā€¦
and 2024 i will wait a few months and see if the servers can handle it better then 2020 :wink:
and this ### Please wait 10 minutes between posts in this topic :rofl:
i think this helps a lotā€¦
if the sim work,we do not need to post here :wink:

2 Likes

A product now into its 4th yearā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes

Since the sim is down and Iā€™m feeling much better after two days of sickness, I went outside. I saw realistic terrain, accurate traffic models and evenā€¦. accurate live weather. Also no frame drops but it was a bit bright :joy:

Itā€™ll be back soon people. Go outside and marvel in the real sim world that we live in!

5 Likes

I literally made an account on here because of the frustration this caused me. I had no way of knowing it was a server issue at all. I started checking CPU temps, whether or not my undervolt wasnā€™t as stable as I thought, basically everything server issues? Why would that cause stuttering?

If youā€™re having server issues and your game requires you to be online to function properly, you should be notifying people when they log in. Thankfully I checked the resource monitor and thought ā€œhmm, how am I playing this game with 25 kb/s downstream?ā€ before I reinstalled the game.

This is pretty amateurish, guys.

11 Likes

agreedā€¦ users have been changing their configs thinking its a local issue. i can imagine lots of time and effort have already gone into tweaking their systems.
also initially thought it was the airac updates thats messed it as thatā€™s the only change that i did since yesterday.
no idea why a simple server health/status/notification is not implemented natively. for software that is reliant on cloud services it just boggles the mind.

6 Likes

For the first time in many months, yesterday my FS2020 performed as I would have expectedā€¦Horrayā€¦I had before, very long loading times, and constant disconnect/connect internet messages. Amongst the many things I tried, I followed the suggestions at https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/645402-problems-loading-msfs-2020-or-at-least-taking-a-long-time/, particulary the paragraph about adjusting the Windows Host file. And touch wood my internet connection became stable. I achieved shorter loading times by reducing the terrain detail from 100 to 90. FS in the latest upgrade SU15 appeared to up the detail, while keeping the number figure the same, in other words 100 appears to actually be more than 150 as before. As I said yesterday was a gread day with my FS, but like the rest of you today I have the dreaded stutters, with complete locking of screen for a couple of seconds. No connection problem though yet!

1 Like

Agreed:

This isnā€™t new ground for online games.

1 Like

Give the guys a break. There working on it. Its not the end of the world. S### happens. Go outside or clean your house or room or work on cleaning up your sim.

5 Likes

Not the point. I love going outside. I donā€™t love when I start up a game and my first reaction is ā€œoh my god, thereā€™s something wrong with my computerā€ and I go into diagnose mode when itā€™s the devā€™s fault. Grow up.

8 Likes

Just out of interest, and Iā€™ve just finished my very first flight on Neofly btw, so not very well timed, shouldnā€™t turning the online mode and bing data off in the Data menu have restored some smoothness, if it is the servers that are struggling?

1 Like

My problem is that the Sim tells me that Iā€™m not online , when I clearly am. We will have to waitā€¦

1 Like

So I just loaded the sim, started quick as normal. No disconnect messages. Everything is working as it should. Anyone else care to give it a go and post their results?

I have stopped getting the stutters in flight

Youā€™d think, right?

I just did a short hop (farmerā€™s field to farmerā€™s field) and tried a number of different online data settings and couldnā€™t get the pauses to go away.

I swear Iā€™m experiencing them in the Welcome screen and World Map, too.

This is an interesting ā€œpull back the curtainā€ moment in terms of seeing how the sim behaves and just how important some aspect of the online component(s) is(are) to the health of the simā€™s performance characteristics.

Itā€™s a weird one, for sure.

4 Likes

I fired up the sim earlier, but didnā€™t start a flight as I was getting the pauses on the main map screen.

Iā€™ve just removed letā€™s say an alternative flight simulator from my PC, with over 750.000 files and a fair few GB going bye bye. :slight_smile:

I thought Iā€™d be sad, which is why Iā€™ve kept it for so long, but I was wrong. :wink:

A bit of Spring cleaning is good for the soul, even though the Spring/Summer in the UK at the moment has been doing a pretty good impression of the Autumn.

So whilst the Comanche was warming up I droned around Colorado Springs, pg on, live weather, real time traffic(w FSLTL) and smooth. Flight has gone off without a hitch so far

1 Like