So everybody happy with SU6?

Actually I‘m very happy with every update they release, as these updates are aimed to improve the sim.

But as of yesterday I‘ve had three CTD‘s.
Two with the DC6 and one with the Kingair(vanilla).
I haven‘t had those crashes ever before.
Not sure either what was causing it.

I hope for the future updates that the team will focus more on stability and performance.
I noticed severe framerate loss on flights that take around an hour.

For example: DC6 flight.
@origin 60 fps
@ cruise 50-60fps
@descent 45-50fps
@arrival 35fps.

This needs to be fixed, hopefully soon.
And ofcourse less ctd‘s.

Looking forward to more good updates. :airplane:

Happy landings…
Mark

Reasonably happy, yes. There are problems, but hey, what else is new?

Visuals are great, download time is a challenge!!

I’m flying again, visuals from high altitude have been fixed. ATC is worse than ever though and server stability has degraded as well. One step forward, two steps back, hmm. Actually the added turbulence is nice as well and terminal buildings are back. 3-2 in favor of SU6.

I’ve been enjoying SU6, good fps for my RT5700XT and almost stutter free. I also fly the FBW A320 and use LittleNavMap to create the flight plans.

I haven’t had a CTD in at least 6 months.

It’s been great for me on Xbox Series X, runs smoother and looks better

Wanted to spend some time after the update to re-evaluate the trade-offs that seem to come with each and every update. I am pleased with the visuals and performance after I tweaked my system and settings once again after this update along with Nvidia and Windows updates. Bottom line was I had to basically downscale my setup from an Ultra 4k setup to an Ultra 2k UHD setup to eliminate the new stutters and FPS drops that came with SU6. I really can’t tell the visual differences between the two resolutions on my 32 inch monitor so I guess I’m happy…at this point. It’s all about getting the visual realism and immersion experience to what I expect from this product before I get real picky about other things.

The pop up terrain seems somewhat improved but still very evident in particular mountainous areas and is just so annoying!!!

Pretty good on my Xbox Series X. Though there’s not enough traffic.

Which is just as well as I can’t go 20 minutes without a CTD on my PC.

Yes,

1. All Navigation features in 747/787 work much better. LNAV/VNAV vastly improved.
  2. Sim seems more stable (see thread Andrews Joint Base CTD).
  3. Now on to more fixes like ATC, flight characteristics on planes, etc.

Absolute dream for me hand flying in VFR

No more CTD for me since SU6!
The sim runs stable and smooth, I‘m very satisfied.
I fly in VR only, CRJ / P-38 / Hawk T-1

Stability is great. Stuttering and FPS is brutal.

2 Likes

very true especially after longer hauls

After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• aircraft pulling to the right in some aiports
  • annoing “spinning circle” causes micro stutterring (short pause 0.2sec) on the ground
  • sepia mask is still there

Yeep!! The spinning circle definitely is annoying. Now that I know it’s there, it seems I’m always looking for it and definitely causes that micro stutters. So every time I get a stutter my eye is always moving towards the bottom right corner of screen.

Very very annoying.

For the love of god Asobo, remove it. Nobody wants to see that stupid spinning circle!!!

2 Likes

Yep!
Workaround https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/workaround-to-pesky-loading-white-circle-but-results-in-time-going-too-fast-in-the-sim/446459

1 Like

Not 100%
Love the sim VFR
Needs a lot of work IFR and traffic not working (needs a lot of work), airport lights at night need some work. But I feel this sim only concentrates on VFR.

That horrible shimmer bug that was introduced with SU5 is still there and is almost game breaking so no, Not happy until that gets fixed =(

All of the issues in SU5 have disappeared for me. I have noticed a huge difference by updating the nvidia driver to latest and turning off ASW in oculus debug tool, I’ve been plagued by stutters and low fps since January, and even now with most settings on high or ultra, it’s always smooth now. 3070/i7-10700/16gb.

You’re not the only one having problems. On average it takes me 5 mins of flight time before my PC spontaneously reboots even in Safe Mode. I never even had CTDs before SU6 but now its unplayable even though I have tried all the possible solutions suggested by MS. It’s very disappointing.