What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

AI planes disappearing on the return flight to the original airport is the most annoying issue that was introduced with SU10 and hasn’t been resolved! 2nd annoying one is the density of live weather clouds and lack of turbulence in them!

2 Likes

All the bugs and “features” which have been there since day 0 :thinking:
I would be happy if I got proven wrong :laughing:

But then we still have all the bugs and “features” which got introduced with SU-V :thinking:
And again I would be happy if I got proven wrong :rofl:

1 Like

Assistance settings STILL continuously resetting to easy at random.

1 Like
  1. Annoying horizon line bug
  2. ATC just failing on me completely, or failing to give proper descent or approach instructions
  3. AI copilot auto response keeps wigging out
  4. No HDR peak brightness slider or any control on the output image
  5. Photogrammetry trees and bridges!
  6. Active pause breaking everything! Please replace this with a photo mode instead!
1 Like

Absolutely!

There are many things that are valid criticisms - the Canadian scenery updates that should never have seen the light of day are my canonical example of poor QA at its finest.

The other side of that coin is that if you’re waiting for MSFS to fix all the bugs, you’re going to be waiting a long time - like forever.

Take boxed-up photogrammetry for example.  This is essentially un-charted territory in the commercial sector and it’s not going to be perfect any time soon.

Many other issues might be either teething pains or are simply too difficult to fix within the current codebase.

Don’t get me wrong.  A forum topic for “What drives you bonkers about MSFS” is a good thing.  We can play “my bug’s bigger than your bug!”, or just compare, contrast, and ultimately laugh at the inconsistencies in MSFS.

What bothers me is the whole “this is junk and I got cheated because bug X hasn’t been fixed/implemented” scenario.  To me it seems like senseless trolling - no amount of complaining is going to solve the problem.

Are there things that drive me nuts?  Absolutely!  Things like flying above the Moscow Canal and seeing waterfalls in a navigable body of water, or seeing the edges of the canal fold up around you like you’re Moses - it’s a bit weird.

However, again IMHO, the positive aspects of MSFS 2020 far outweigh the negative aspects and overall I am quite pleased.

2 Likes

This one for sure

Back to VFR backcountry flying after the landing!

1 Like

And what’s wrong there?  A sunrise horizon?

Compare my PFD readings to the ATC instructions!
Hint: Altitude, Callsign FNTC667

1 Like

I need a new magnifying glass

1 Like

Reliably unreliable logbook auto-entries and the inability to edit them. It doens’t even register return flights as two flights and you end up getting A-A entries with just a single flight duration, rather than A-B / B-A. Maybe that’s partly why FSLTL population doesn’t work anymore upon returning to origin airport.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they fix the Miss Virginia P-51. Just bought it (luckily on sale for only 5 bucks) and I didn’t know about that prop issue. I most likely am not going to fly it because of that. I realize that’s only five dollars, but I don’t like throwing money away. From the posts I’ve read it’s been an issue for a long time. I’m surprised it can’t be fixed.

3 Likes

The platform is not stable on console specifically, full stop. This is especially true for anyone using add-ons from the MS marketplace, which is a core element of the sim both now and historically while also a key revenue source for sim development. This is a major issue based on the underlying architecture of the sim on console.

It appears the developers are on the right track by focusing on optimization in 2024 to stabilize the console experience, but we should wait and see if they can solve this problem when 2024 is released.

1 Like

I don’t know if this qualifies as a “bug” but it’s most definitely a “flaw”.

Issue:
Much of the Bing satellite imagery used in MSFS is (almost literally), Paleozoic.

Ok, maybe there aren’t dinosaurs roming around, but many areas I have visited have scenery that is provably AT LEAST 15 years old.  In some cases the scenery is over 20 years out of date.

Ravda in Bulgaria and Hurghada in Egypt are so old that it’s. . .  I don’t even know what to say.

Large portions of both Ravda and Hurghada, (for example), that have been developed for the last twenty years or so, show as bare, undeveloped areas without even foundations in place.

Other areas, (like the southern coast of the Crimean peninsula), bear absolutely no resemblance to reality whatsoever - entire villages and towns are missing with default costline substituted for them.

Now, don’t get me wrong.  I don’t expect the scenery everywhere to be up-to-the-minute, and I don’t expect last week’s paint job to be present, but something within the last few years would be appreciated.  And if that’s not available, at least communities that have been settled since the time of Stalin should be present.

Seriously people, you can’t make bricks without straw and you can’t expect accurate scenery AI, if the scenery is abysmally out of date.

How difficult is it to update the base satellite imagery?

Thanks!

3 Likes

LOL :joy: LOL!!!

1 Like

One of the most annoying bugs or featueres is the paternalism in the bush trips.
I mean, who needs this ugly HUD in the external view?
Let us choose if we want to see it!

1 Like

Like… this option? Never flown a bushtrip, does this not work?

1 Like

Another oldie but goodie. :wink: “Cosmetic” issue in principle, though VR users report it’s more irksome because the visible discrepancy from your real input device is extra confusing when you can’t see the correct response of your real yoke but you can see the wrong response of the virtual yoke:

2 Likes

Still waiting for all the interstate bridges with missing spans and cars driving on the water underneath to be fixed… Nope, I will not hold breath waiting… Smile
But, we still love our MSFS !

2 Likes

I always thought it was my flying that caused that. Bridge buzz… check… traffic sheeting pants… check

1 Like

Wow!

Is MSFS that old?  Especially since large parts of the US Interstate Highway System date back to the time of President Dwight D. Eisenhower in the 1950’s!
:wink: