What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

“Axe marks the spot!” :smiley:

6 Likes

4 Likes

Haven’t flown Baja, so, when the hurricane was approaching, I ventured in just before things got exciting. Guadalajara to La Paz.

9 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: MSFS CTD before main menu

VisionJet flights (LIMA - LINL - LGST - HE34).

Part of my Around the World in 80 Days by Air Tour

Ready to go

Really nice views on takeoff and the weather was pristine.

The fuel stop in LGST took me to a really short runway. Was able to stop before the end no problem in the VJ.

The approach into HE34 was more picturesque and challenging that expected.

11 Likes

Asobo C152 Aerobat, KPAE to KTIW, 100% VFR/VR. I brought up my Navigraph chart in the cockpit with position disabled, and navigated the entire thing visually, following the various bodies of water along the way. I went Southeast to Lake Sammamish, then turned South, then West to Tacoma.

The Aerobat is a lovely plane, and she trimmed to a tee on this flight.

Regional lakes and waterways provide unmistakable landmarks for VFR pilotage.

The sunroofs are sure handy!

This corridor has the most lovely photogrammetry.

Flying over the middle of KTIW, in preparation to turn back and enter the left downwind for runway 35.

A few touch and go’s later, and we’re back at the wonderful hangar facilities! I particularly enjoy how KTIW ground control says “taxi to parking using taxiway”. At least they go to the trouble to tell you to use a taxiway!

Happy Flying!

14 Likes

Flew from Atka island to Unalaska Alaska in the ATR 42 600

7 Likes

I keep flying the fantastic Fenix all over the place but never seem to find time to post. So here’s my current flight, I just took off from LSGG Geneva and am flying to EDDS Stuttgart.

Reading the approach plate it warned me to expect turbulence over the cooling towers. I’ve not flown EDDS25 before and was surprised at just how close to the towers it is.

I did even get turbulence from them, so cool!

12 Likes

“Lovely little airstrip you’ve got there sir. But we’re sure you wouldn’t mind if we just made a couple of small improvements.”

EG40, where I landed after a bit of a look at the Malvern Hills in England.

5 Likes

Took the Longitude from London Luton (EGGW) - to Cork (EICK):

The flight was pretty…strange. Even though Autopilot showed NAV mode ON, somehow it turned off and the airplane turned left to 180. I was quite lucky that at the time there was no ATC online in the area as it took me a while to notice, I was preoccupied by going over the arrival and approach plates and their data.

11 Likes

From EFHO to EFTU in the evening:

8 Likes

Flew the atr 42 600 from Unalaska Alaska to Bethel Alaska (PABE)

4 Likes

Bethel Alaska (PABE) to Nome Alaska (PAOM) in the ATR 42 600

4 Likes

Today was the day: From Finland via Aland to Sweden.
A short flight for an airliner, an exciting trip for a Tanarg 912.

Departure at sunrise in EFTU:

There are many ferries between the islands:

First stopover EFKG:

Bomarsund Bridge (POI in MSFS):

Second stopover EFMA:

After EFMA climb to 11000 feet; gives some safety for the longest section over the sea on this trip:

Sweden ahead:

Approach to Norrtälje (ESSN):

Track on the map:

11 Likes

Flew the Longitude from London Gatwick (EGKK) to Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA):

It was a nice 1000nm trip, too bad Sweden control logged off well before I got there. Had som e autopilot isses again, but this time it was just that active and armed AP modes were not shown on the PFD.

Full video later (a lot later, takes a while to upload 42GB) here:

11 Likes

Completed Steve Giordano’s ferry flight bringing back Airbus A320 2-VIDZ from YBAS Alice Springs to LFBF Francazal for Nomadic Aviation Group.

6 legs, 5 continents, 20 hours flight time.

Cockpit Casual - Art of the Long-haul (Part One) | Cockpit View | Avgeek Series - YouTube

Factoring in ETOPs

Suez Canal

8 Likes
6 Likes

Another test upload on files…This jet is a Thumper…Just a joy to fly…

6 Likes

Thanks to all for the help again…I think I got it now… :grinning:.

5 Likes

Been flight-testing my new ARC770 / i7 setup at ULTRA - ah-may-zing.

At the hold short KBOS - and thanks to our skilled phraseology mod maker adding Bahstan accent. :smile: It’s so awesome - “Kan-takt Bah-stan Deh pah shure on 133.0”

8 Likes