Working Title CJ4 Patch 0.3.1 Released (1.9.3 Fix)

Good morning all,

Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.3.1). This is still very much a beta. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release. This update focuses on compatibility with MSFS 1.9.3, but also includes a few new features and quality of life updates as well. The install instructions are simple: download the zip file and drag the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder into your community folder. Important: Please remove all other CJ4 mods prior to installing. Due to structural changes in 1.9.3, you must also completely delete the current workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying the new release.

Download: Release cj4-v0.3.1 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Assets, which include a zip titled ‘workingtitle-aircraft-cj4-v0.3.1.zip’ - that’s the mod.

Changelog:

Key Features

• Now compatible with MSFS 1.9.3

FPLN Page

• Incorrect page numbering has been fixed
  • Added colors to selected SIDS/Runways for DEP page only (WIP due to 1.9.3 patch)
  • Added ability to insert waypoints in the middle of the flight plan
  • Fixed issue where FPLN would always return to page 1 after EXEC

DEP/ARR Page

• Executing a change doesn’t move you away from the page
  • Improved formatting

LEGS Page

• Adjusted layout and colors to better match the real unit

TUNE Page

• Fixed issue where nav radios would not update the sim radios on update

PFD/MFD

• Adjusted font size, color, and spacing for better readability and accuracy (Still a WIP)

PFD

• Added DME readout for VORs
  • Changed to use correct colors (Magenta for FMS, green for ground NAVAIDS)
  • Changed formatting of VOR info block to match the correct layout and element spacing

Aircraft Exterior Model

• Aircraft lights have been updated in style to add some lens flaring, brighter visibility, and textures (thanks @Uwajimaya)

Known Issues

• You cannot currently select Direct-To of a fix on your approach that is not the initial approach fix. This is a limitation of the sim flightplan system at present. We are investigating solutions to this issue.
  • After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • TUN page doesn’t update automatically when radios are updated externally - reopening the TUN page will reflect these changes.
  • Performance pages don’t currently have input error handling for wind, temp or QNH. These values must be entered correctly and completely in the proper format for the page to work. Note that valid wind directions are 001 through 360 as of now.
  • FLC stability appears to have regressed with the autopilot aircraft energy calculation changes in 1.9.3. We have attempted tuning the autopilot PIDs but as of right now the behavior of the underlying sim FLC PID itself seems to be at issue. We will continue to investigate.
  • The sim flight plan fix loader performance has significantly regressed with 1.9.3. You may experience a large delay (15-20 seconds) when adding your first fix to the FPLN page. We are aware of the issue, and although the regression is in game code and not aircraft code, we are looking for ways to make the fact that it is working in the background more obvious.

FULL RESOLUTION PICS HERE: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

16 Likes

Can’t wait to give it a go! But…I’ll have to wait, until after work. :-/

I will give it a go after this flight.

Thanks for the ‘hot-fix’, and incorporating some signficant changes you already had in-flight!

Thank you so much for this

Amazing what this community can do in less than 24 hours!

Awesome thanks guys!

I installed it with great anticipation…and all the screen were black.
Doh!

Did you completely delete the old mod folder? You can’t overwrite, you must completely replace.

Hi, same with me, screens are black. I have deleted all the files/folders an moved the new one in…

With me everything is good! Old folder deleted, new one inserted. Perfect flight without crash or noticeable errors. Thanks for this super fast fix!

Thanks so much for getting this turned around so quickly.

Just had a great flight in ■■■■ weather but a good test of the auto pilot :smiley: The MOD was great.

I did notice though that on intercepting the glideslope it was really aggressive with the pitch down and then it was proposing all the way down, not a lot but enough to be quite noticeable, so at first sight of the runway AP off and it stopped straight away.

Only mentioned as I have never really noticed this before. Probably something introduced in to the core AP coding I guess.

I also noticed some oscillating while on climb out today using flch it seemed to be chasing pretty aggressively.

Is your community folder empty? I say this because some mods may be overwriting files that the CJ4 is using, causing compatibility issues.

Yea there is definitely something weird going on with the core AP functionality as I was at FL420 and all of a sudden it started oscillating up and down fairly violently. I had to disable and reenable autopilot 3 times then it stopped doing it.

Everything to do with the Working Title Mod is superb though. Can’t say thank you enough times for the work these guys are doing.

yeah just had the same when decending to approach. Everything was smooth as a babies bottom when suddenly the plane started occilating the moment i initiated decent. Other than that great work!

In my case I have noticed a non stop oscillation one side to the other side during the flight when the curse change. I have to take of AP, and reach the curse manually, then activate the AP again

The oscillation appears to be on the original cj4 so it just seems to be passed down to this one. CJ4 (1.9.3) autopilot oscillations

The new version works great…thank you!! :slight_smile: :grin:

Out of curiosity, where did you guys find the PID values? They used to be in the systems.cfg file but have since disappeared.