Ai traffic for FS2020?

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is any 3rd party making ai traffic for fs with correct aircraft and liveries? What I mean is ai traffic so when you go to Heathrow you see British airways, Dubai, Emirates aircraft ect but globally? Because right now there is no ai traffic when I set it to 100%. There have been a few for previous sims so will any 3rd party make an add on for this?

Or even tell me if asobo will do this? Thanks

still WIP: AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS ā€“ Development Announcement

Major problems at the moment are the missing SDK data/documentationā€¦

Also thisā€¦

As Kaiii3 noted, the game needs many fixes/additions from the Devs to get things working correctly and reliably.

There is a way too convert fsx models into MSFS but at your own risk as mentioned in the title. I havenā€™t succeed into working this out unfortunately.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34961.0

and here some screenshots of their AI in MSFS

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34730.15

It requires a bit of work but it isnā€™t hard to do.

Unfortunately, due a number of issues recently between content owners/creators and ā€œdistributorsā€ of packages, many of the large sources of Ai files (models and repaints) have been removed so new users canā€™t get them.

Many users will have to wait till one of the above referenced packages get released.

The one thing I donā€™t see is where are the flightplans for these AI planes?

So much i want to see AI Traffic in the Sim:
Using the old FSX Models in MSFS is a step backwards in my opinion.
The very most, if not all, will not support PBR, so inside of the shiny Sim they will look like foreign bodys .
Even compared to P3D v5x it would be a step back from the beginning.
At the other side there donĀ“t seem to be a easy way to convert the PBR Models.
Very frustrating, a huge gap in the SDK, lightyears away in the Backlog of ASOBO and no working current models visible at the horizonā€¦

Hmmm I guess so. Iā€™ll be patient anyway for the OCI. A bit hard to wait bc I donā€™t fly at all without AI traffic.

Wouldnā€™t say they all look badā€¦most are fine unless you really try to analyze them (like block lighting at night or tail lighting during overcast skies) . Remember, this is a flight simulator, not an airport simulator! :airplane: :wink:

It will get to a good place, but it will take a while

Yeah, Iā€™m sure it will get there. I didnā€™t even notice these two aircraft sitting at an airfield, as I was concentrating too much on the model thatā€™s the subject of the screenshot - just saw them this morning when looking through my FS screenies!

There are definitely issues already, though - such as crossing the runway while you are taking offā€¦

ā€¦and being unable to decide what they want to beā€¦

But I have every confidence in Asobo to get there in the end.

1 Like

Hey thanks for all these replies, I am looking forward to aig, however if worst happens, I do trust asobo to sort his out.

Iā€™d love to see AI / Live traffic looking good. I honestly hope that Microsobo just put the ā– ā– ā– ā–  models in sim. Where they can get the license rights to use liveries, they can provide them. Let the community fill the gaps where needed.

Personally though, I would put AI / Live Traffic behaviour (particularly on the ground) as a higher priority when it comes to fixing traffic. The 2kt taxi speeds on runways, ignoring taxiways, failing to clear the runway, sometimes just stopping on the runway and not doing anything really wreck the experience for me. I would rather have a system that works properly than a system that works like garbage but looks good.

You touched on one of the bigger issues - although the Ai ā€œlogicā€ needs to be completely updated (and accessible which it currently isnā€™t), nearly every airport in the game needs Ai pathing to be corrected. This is a pretty large task. It is certainly doable, it has been done in the past with ā€œpacksā€ that fixed large numbers of airports. Unfortunately, this requires time and tools (some of which are still being worked on now by groups at AIG, which has recently said that MS2020 is somewhat of lower priority now because of the limited SDK).

What surprises me (no, not really), is that even ā€œhandcraftedā€ airports have major issues indicating that these types of issues are very low on the priority list (or perhaps, not even on the list). Here is one example:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.