[BUG LOGGED] Settings do not stick since SU5

Hello everyone, thank you for bringing this up!
The issue has been logged.

10 Likes

Was this also logged? : SU5 Airports missing terminal walls/floating roofs - #4 by AtlantaFlyer

1 Like

Hello AtlantaFlyer, we are currently going through main bugs introduced in SU5, it will soon be logged.

5 Likes

I have found this same thing when I change from Med to High settings. Must reload Hight settings with each new boot up of the sim.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it does save my settings (ultra with motion blur off), apparently it was placebo effect, at least for me.

This is being addressed:

2 Likes

Wow…

Just…

Wow…

I’m having one of those “wow” moments. I’m looking at the screenshots by @AnkH828072 in the original post and @forzakingfam, and I’m looking at that thinking all that I can see is the “before” shot - I can’t change any settings that seems to give me the after shot at all. That’s when I realise that @AnkH828072 means to change the settings in the flight, and not in the main menu. Here’s a video of that. I load in with Ultra settings first. Look at the buildings on the right. Then I switch to medium settings, apply/save, then immediately change to ultra again and apply/save. Well…you can see the difference for yourself. Nothing I did pre flight could get that view.

I will try to post a comparison flight video later.

What’s really weird is that the config file looks no different before/after. BUT the date/time stamp on the config file DOES change - so the saves etc do work. I will do more analysis of that shortly.

Plus going to check other airports/locatioons.

1 Like

Yup. And for all those using custom settings instead of presets and doing some adjustments in the useropt.cfg, this bug ruins everything, because you have either the adjustments in the .cfg but no “ultra” settings or vice versa, as every manipulation in the graphics menue instantly eliminates all .cfg adjustments… really annoying…

3 Likes

After you changed it during flight. Does it stay that way for you in future sessions or do you have to change it every flight?

Change it every flight so far. Not seeing such an obvious difference at other airports yet - so not sure if this is a glitch specific to EGNX or not

1 Like

Yep was wondering the same thing. Surely the difference can’t be that subtle between medium and ultra! I’d say that the best way to tell would be to look at the clouds. In my before/after images, there’s much more depth/volume in the clouds afterwards.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Even after the “Sim Update 5 Hotfix #2” (v1.18.15.0), you may think you are in Ultra graphics mode but are not.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
(Watch the step-by-step in the aforementioned video)

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

• Ryzen 9 5900X

• GeForce RTX 3070 OC

• ASUS TUF X570 Gaming PLUS WIFI

• 64GB DDR4-3200

• Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L AIO liquid CPU cooler

• 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD)

• 2TB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)

• 750 Watt PS

• Two 34” Curved Ultra-wide LED QHD monitors

• 20TB of attached storage (4x5TB)

• Lian Li LANCOOL 205 case

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After Sim Update 5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Yes: 117185

1 Like

I have a maybe very stupid question about this, so sorry beforehand if it is, but did you check if Nvidia Experience center is not automatically optimizing your game settings? Could be that when you restart the sim, that it first looks for this setting and then changes the graphics in the sim accordingly.

It is not, as I indicated several times, I do not even have GF Experience installed. Not yet tested the new hotfix, maybe it is fixed now…

Ok, what a bummer, this issue is NOT fixed with Hotfix 2. Can it be really so hard to make the settings in the menue stick and properly translate to what is used in the sim? I really can not believe that such a basic bug is present in such a product, this is plain ridiculous…

2 Likes

Wild guess: did everybody experience this issue having modified the useropt.cfg once? Might be that although none of the programs shows an error, something is broken as soon as you modify it?

Is it safe to delete useropt.cfg and let MSFS rebuild one? This might actually fix the issue…

I’d have to say no, I have never ever touch my cfg file, and still have this problem as of right now.

1 Like

Bummer, then we wait for another hotfix or the WU6…

I’d recommend not using EGNX as a testbed anymore. It doesn’t seem to have windows anymore on the buildings. I’ve been using EGCC instead. Spawn in on 23R.
Medium: (note the missing building addition as well as the surrounding buildings)

Ultra:

So, yes after some testing - all appears well on my end.