Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

You don’t need any of them, they are for the old FSX. Please read here: https://forum.navigraph.com/t/navigraph-navdata-beta/133

1 Like

yes… this is to much. For lot of users with less that 32Gig RAM it was helpfull to set a overall-memory by around 32 Gig… Therefore e.g. the recommentation with 16Gig RAM: virt. mem 4min/20max.
With already 64Gig RAM, you can simple set 1Gig Min / 4 Gig Max and you will never see that more as 1Gig is used :wink:

I read in meanwhile lot’s of threads and it comes more often on top what we already mentioned and what you also find out:

• the network related settings makes trouble. Some users have more issues with that, some users zero issues.

All the older Workarounds are:

• set Generic Models = ON ( both )
    – seems there are issues if mods are installed
  • set Text2Speach=Windows Offline
    – with Azure-Setting seems ctd happens again in rare cases
  • set AI / live traffic Off ( network related settings )
    – next to outdated mods, this was often reported as one of the main reason
1 Like

Hi guys,

Asobo informed me that there is indeed an issue with simconnect. It seems to be across all plattforms (not only MSFS). They do some further investigation. In the meantime they “recommend to disable simconnect”.

1 Like

Yes turn off AI traffic it also worked for me never had a problem before last update.

2 Likes

How can this be done?

My AI traffic is already turned off and I still get CTDs. Also, if I launch the sim and just leave it open in the lobby I will eventually get a CTD. I have tried everything from this thread and NOTHING works. This is EXTREMLY frustrating… Happy New Years everyone!

I got crashes all over the place too. The below seems to help me.
First look up in google how to increase your virtual memory. There is a min/ max scale in Windows. The max needs an increase big time. This is absolutely necessary with this sim. Also, go into your video card specs. Mine is Nvidia experience. make sure your settings in control panel are maxing out your cards capabilities. Go to manage 3D settings, hit the program settings tab. Now under select a program to customize, find Microsoft flight sim. Add it. Below make sure high performance NVIDIA processor is selected in drop down. For other cards find this by researching. I think many crashes are due to inadequate processing power with video cards and virtual memory. Try it!

Please see my previous post.

Add the text shown to the .ini file shown.

Since I did that my computer has been on for like 2 1/2 days and I have flown long missions with no CTD’s

• bob
    ———-

Based on this original post:

But I’m not using FSUIPC…

I’m getting occasional ctd’s while using FBW A320 with FS2Crew Pushback Express and FS2Crew Flight Crew A320 or flying GA’s with //42 The Skypark since the last update. At the FS2Crew forum they say it’s an issue with the Net Framework in Windows and to run the NET repair tool. But I didn’t had any luck yet.

in the main-menu your GPU runs at full load ( I raised at zendesdk ticket and opened a thread ).
Thus, there is a chance that the issue lies in your GPU, system temperatur, …
A Testcase might be: open your pc-case for better cooling.

1 Like

Thanks but it doesn’t and my temps are in the 70s C.

Finally I deleted FSUIPC totally and have no CTD since :crossed_fingers:

Just got CTD after a two hour flight. On short final ESMS-EGUP and was about 1000 feet above ground. ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■, I was so close! Time for a beer to cool down…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000848666
Faulting process id: 0x16ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e0febe08a299
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 24dc9a32-22df-4f9d-beaf-4e5b7e325702
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I got that… it really sucks, when you’re short before landing, after a several hour flight.
:skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I think we need hardcore liquor at this point…

Hehe, right… Now I have created an easy way to save an FLT file during a flight! I have created a multi action button on my Stream Deck (if you haven’t one yet, just buy one immediately, it is a fantastic peace of hardware for a flight sim). I have added several keystrokes for this multi action:

Esc, Space, Down, Return, Delay 200, S (or any letter to name the file), Return, Left, Return (confirm overwrite), Delay 200, Esc

Just one click and the current state is saved. It is a shame that an autosave is not included in the sim.

2 Likes

After a FRESH OS install and VANILLA sim, I got a new different CTD 30mins into flight…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xef86554b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000012e980
Faulting process id: 0x26a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e1785081af91
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 24d12ef5-21b8-49d6-93a4-3614f141591c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ouch. That sucks. I hope you get this ironed out.

• bob

Within this forum, e.g. within the big CTD thread, we spoke in meanwhile about a lot of reasons for CTD.

There are mainly the the following categories:

• configuration of users system / OS
    – any kind of drivers, lang-packs, windows itself, etc.
  • hardware issues caused by wrong configuration ( software and hardware ) of users system
    – eg. overcloacking, xmp mode, etc
    – eg. hardware failures because overheat eg. because bad pc-case-airflow ( note: my 2080Ti runs at around 61degree in full-load, after hours of playing )
  • faulty hardware
    – hardware can be defect
  • Game Issues
    – needs 32Gig overall, otherwise high chance for crash ( virtual mem )
    network related settings ( AI *, traffic *, … ) cause by some users still ctd
    – well know issues like sometime with Bluetooth devices ( possible more windows issue ), etc.

You just have to read :wink:

As example your post:

For this the forum search function exist ( the huge magnification glass right corner )

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=d3d11.dll

What you find out if you do that ? and what you expect we want to ask ?

yeah… points to a graphics card issue ( as I already mentioned )

• have you installed and checked latest nvidia drivers ?
  • have you overcloacked your GPU ? ( also not if you own the most expensive water cooling )
1 Like