Microsoft, What is Your Update Plan for Earlier Famous Flyers & Local Legends?

Since I have stepped away from beta testing the sim and 3rd party aircraft, I’ve had much more time to fly “for myself”.

As such, I’ve been revisiting a number of aircraft I’d purchased, but not put much seat time in. This would include several earlier Famous Flyers and Local Legends.

I’ve noted a number of bugs and issues that exist in these aircraft. I’ve reported several, as have others. Many are tagged feedback logged, some are tagged bug logged and others have no acknowledgment.

What is the plan for these aircraft in terms of updates? You’re still selling them on the store, so there is that.

Based on discussions on this forum, I can see a number of developers are issuing updates to aircraft based on changes that have occurred to the sim’s backend that have affected their aircraft.

Are the FF and LL immune to these changes? In terms of the open bugs on these, will there be any plans to update them? Do you have a set life expectancy for these when you place them up for sale and then stop updating after that point?

Help me understand your goals here, so I can set my expectations accordingly.

Thanks.

24 Likes

there , that works too

7 Likes

They’re not : good example is the JU52 still affected by SU5 trim bug. All other planes had to correct a regression after that. JU52 has never been corrected (and it’s a 3 line fix in XML…)

(yes SU5 : 2.5 years ago)

4 Likes

Sad but true.

I wish they did not encrypt the files at least so that we could fix the fixable bugs ourselves.

I suppose the majority of customers would buy, briefly fly… and then move on. So fixes are probably not necessary in the long run as such practice would not hurt sales…?

Just a thought.

I stopped buying FF and LL already some time ago.

6 Likes

I wish we could somehow upvote comments sometimes. I sooooo wish they would give those FF and LL more love. They’re clearly fire-and-forget and it’s so sad. Some of them are so great, or could be great with just a little bit more love and care …

10 Likes

I saw this thread, are there any specific bug reports you are referring to? :slight_smile:

Happy holidays! :christmas_tree:

Examples:

Do I need to provide more examples? They say they read the forum, but many of these aren’t even marked “feedback logged”.

16 Likes

Because I absolutely love a one-way conversation with myself, I’m posing this question here.

Why does it take one of us, individual users, to contact the developer(s) of these Famous Flyers and/or Local Legends to get traction with bug fixes?

Example:

This bug was reported 11 months ago:

Beech Bonanza V35 AP Alt selector and functionality problem - Bug Reporting Hub / Aircraft & Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This post is from yesterday:

If it takes a user reaching out to, in this case, Carenado to get a bug fixed for an aircraft that Microsoft commissioned and owns, then what are we doing bothering to post these bug reports here, on the forum, in the first place?

Hey, and you know Microsoft, since you’ve admitted multiple times that you’re lurking here on these forums, I know you’re reading this.

I see you.

8 Likes

And to add to this further, I’ve spent the last three days deep diving into the SDK and building an engines.cfg file for the Stratoliner simply because I have zero idea what you are even doing about fixing it.

Why is this the solution to our problems here?

Why do I have to be so backed into a corner from the frustration of a poorly constructed aircraft that you sold me that I must take matters into my own hands to attempt fixes to it?

I do not get this.

Matt at Working Title is able and allowed to take the time to dialog with us on issues and developments related to their massive Microsoft-funded contributions to this simulator.

Why can’t you, similarly, offer some modicum of dialog about what is happening here with these products you’ve sold us?

This relationship is way too dysfunctional.

6 Likes

How many users do you think bought the Stratoliner? 100K, 500K?

Bugs get 8 votes. We are too few here.

2 Likes

Votes shouldn’t matter.

For what it’s worth 79 people have downloaded my flightsim.to fixes mod, and that is prior to my incorporating the engine performance changes I’m still working on.

4 Likes

Yes, votes not only shouldn’t matter, they shouldn’t be necessary.

3 Likes

All software products have bugs, even those where you’re paying thousands per year on every seat. So I wouldn’t get too hung up over finding a bug in a $15 toy airplane.

All you can do is report the bug and hope the publisher/developer chooses to pursue a resolution. Quite often they don’t.

Thank you for the very helpful tips.

I will take them into consideration.

After careful consideration:

I’m not hung up finding a bug, I’d like to know if there are plans to fix them.

At what price point is one allowed to inquire about bug fixes?

I have done this, extensively.

Yes, but in this case they have shown that they have fixed several aircraft recently, therefore I’m asking about the ones that haven’t been fixed.

4 Likes

It really is unbelievable how productive and responsive the WT team is. And I think it’s not a coincidence that they are a small, nimble team largely unencumbered by the bureaucracy associated with a trillion dollar corporation (outside of required collaboration with MS, of course). Perhaps the MS team should pursue something similar for bug fixes!

1 Like

That’s exactly the way it is. Huge companies have to be broken out into different teams who deal with all the red tape that goes with that.

I work at a place with 1000 employees that was bought out by a 50,000 employee company, and at every opportunity that company expresses how they wish they could move as fast as we do.

Simple example: You put in a ticket with them and it takes at least 3 days to complete, involving people in five different support groups with seven or ten emails to get it worked out. That same ticket in my company takes 20 minutes to complete because I can do all five parts myself.

3 Likes

I just saw this:

Microsoft, what are you doing?

You have had 11 months — 1 shy of a year — to simply forward this bug information onto Carenado.

You didn’t have to fix it yourselves. There is zero effort required here. We already did the work for you by documenting it all — for free.

Explain to us (which you won’t) what possible excuse could you have for sitting on this for a year?

Were you ever going to pass this information on?

The effort I’ve put into all the bugs I’ve reproduced, recorded and edited videos for and carefully documented to ensure accuracy in my reporting regarding these commissioned aircraft is proving to have been a gigantic waste of my time.

But, hey, I’m glad I’ve, at least, provided you with reading material, since , you know, you read every post.

10 Likes