[OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: Beechcraft Bonanza G36 and Beyond

This is a “virtual flight school” with ForderLearntoFly, a real-life pilot. Please note that these lessons are for entertainment purposes only. They should not be considered real world flight instruction.

Instructor: @Forder1702
Pilot-in-training: @Jummivana

This post will serve as a hub for our Twitch Flying Lessons. If you have any questions for Jayne or Forder regarding what they learn in each lesson, feel free to ask here!

If you would like to join Forder’s flight school, check it out here: https://www.udemy.com/course/learntofly/

Next Lesson

July 13 - Handling Crosswinds and Real Weather
Advanced3MSFSofficial-Public.pdf (3.5 MB)

Student Package

Bonanza G36 Checklist:
00 JD Bonanza G36 Checklist 21 0.2.pdf (209.6 KB)

Bonanza G36 Pilot’s Operating Handbook (POH):
Click here to see the PDF

Entire Twitch Lesson Collection: Coming Soon

Lesson Archive

Lesson 1:

Bonanza G36 - Introduction!
Advanced1MSFSofficial-Public.pdf (4.5 MB)

Lesson 2:

Bonanza G36 - A Deeper Dive
Advanced2MSFSofficial-Public.pdf (3.2 MB)

Lesson 3:

Bonanza G36 - Handling Crosswinds and Real Weather
Advanced3MSFSofficial-Public.pdf (3.5 MB)

For @Jummivana’s previous lessons where she learned to fly the Cessna 152 and 172 G1000, please see the archive in these threads:

[OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: C152

[OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: Cessna 172 G1000

6 Likes

If you haven’t already done so, I strongly recommend getting a clear sheet of plastic/laminate and drawing a line down the middle lengthwise and down the middle widthwise. It makes working with the Beechcraft performance charts a lot easier.

2 Likes

First Lesson on the Bonanza G36 can be viewed here:

7 Likes

I was always intrigued by the blue lever. So if I pull back on it on take off, will the higher pitch of the blade also increase the speed of the aircraft with the same amount of throttle?

1 Like

If you do that on takeoff you would lose thrust. It needs to be forward for takeoff and landing approach. On cruise you typically dial in around 2400-2500 RPM.

3 Likes

Lesson 2:

4 Likes

Thanks for continuing this series. I’m mostly through the 152 lessons, can’t wait to catch up with live lessons.

4 Likes

Heads up, our next lesson will be on July 13th! We will be reviewing crosswind and landing in nonideal weather.

3 Likes

Today’s lesson:

4 Likes

Hello, i’m a fellow student following these lessons, and first of all i want to thank you again for this iniziative. Forder is an excellent teacher and allows me to have fun while learning many interesting things! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

But i have a question regarding the leaning procedure and the G1000 (i play MSFS on xbox series x):
when i check the MFD on my Bonanza i don’t seem to have the “engine” softkey and therefore i can’t access the “stack of pancakes” to be used for leaning… Is this happening to anyone else or is it only me? can you please help me understand why? screenshot attached

2 Likes

Are you using the NXi G1000?

No i’m not, it’s just the standard… :frowning:

Yer that’s only in the NXi G1000. Or the default unit once SU10 drops

This is great. ForderLearntofly is currently flying through the FS ACADEMY range, which you can see very soon

1 Like

@Jummivana , it’s been a while since the last lesson. Are there any more coming?

2 Likes

Hi there,

Last out was NAVIGATOR, which can be found here, released in April: www.fsacademy.co.uk/navigator

For future packs, concepts are being gathered for whats next. Development has slowed as my IRL A320 flying has ramped up for summer, but there is always FS ACADEMY work going on in the background.

1 Like

There should be some coming up :slight_smile: We took a bit of a break for some work travel but plan on getting back to it!

3 Likes

Thanks Jayne.

Hi Jayne, any update on new lessons?

4 Likes