Starting in SU5 … and also with Hotfix 1 (22.214.171.124) I am getting this:
- A) I start an Honolulu airport … take the drone … fly up … and look around
- … the scenery looks good
- B) I slowly fly the drone eastward along the coast
- … and start to see corrupted water an coast regions
- C) I return to Honolulu airport
- … and the scenery has (reproducibly) corrupted tile textures
First some pictures:
B1: mainly in water areas
B2: shows tiles have different “size” … and notice the blue one
C1: there is grass and water covering the airport
C2: Interesting “multi LOD textures” … some parts reappear in a scaled down fashion in nearby tiles
Some additional observations:
- the texture bugs are not “healing” … but moving the camera changes them (to different “bugs”)
- this is 100% reproducible for me … and not limited to Honolulu
- it is easy to see on airports and coastlines … but it also exists underneath regular vegetation or cities (easy to spot in the case of the blue tiles).
Since the bug becomes worse (on the airport) when I return to it, it feels like a texture index mismatch with maybe a reuse of preexisting old textures or uninitialized memory (e.g. in the case of the blue tiles?) is part of the problem.
- I have never seen this prior to SU5
- I use a fiberoptic internet connection
- the GPU is an AMD Vega II with 16 GB RAM … latest drivers installed
- Settings … Ultra … 4K
- Are other people seeing this?
- … with Nvidia cards too?
PS: Empty Community folder, the data cache has been emptied (and the bug happens with data cache either on or off).