What is going on with the sim all of the sudden?!

Having that too. (Netherlands, EU-server)

2 Likes

They had some patch come through the XB app yesterday, not sure if they are working on some of it. There was a poll about hanging loads/update screens a few days ago that popped up. I’d imagine Steam has some connectivity to whatever it is that syncs the game into the ‘MS sphere’. I’ll try launching from AL the next few times and see if it stopped. It just started out of nowhere about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I had a few ‘bandwidth’ too low issues completely randomly recently but not in the past week. And on a quick check I’m 890down/920up direct wired. rarely pinging above 4.

1 Like

today at start all settings were lost,it is a pain now :-1: :grimacing:
fix your servers,show us that you can do better,before i spend one cent in 2024

1 Like

Ugh I dread ever getting the settings lost but going around. I lost flight hours and most settings a couple times a while back, but some of it was me nuking the instal.

May want to try not messing with anything and close out via task manager, force stop any and everything ms game services related, log out of everything and hard reboot in case it’s some synching issue.

Is there some file to backup all controller profiles and/or aircraft view settings?

1 Like

This last Sim update was the worst by far.

7 Likes

Ok. Now tell me why? Seriously. People say that, its unflyable. So whats so bad its unflyable?

Its like people saying ground handling is bad. Why? Is it turning? Braking? Exceleration? They never say whats bad.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s unflyable. I’m one of the one’s who have actually had great performance with SU15, until todays update.

I mean, if the game is stuck on a loading screen, that’s unflyable though lol.

The stutters I’ve had since today’s update are annoying
not unflyable though.

2 Likes

That’s why I’ve been calling it ‘unplayable,’ not ‘unflyable.’

Like you, since SU15 the sim is the best it’s ever been for me - until these connection/ bandwidth issues cropped up. I’ve been using the time to catch up on my SPAD programming. I don’t need Bing Data to sit in a cockpit at an airport mapping events to my controls.

4 Likes

I didnt have an update today. are you talking about the NAVDATA update yesterday?

1 Like

Not sure, it was an update in steam. Only came through this morning on my pc.

1 Like

Well

Since there didn’t seem to be any on-going official interest in correcting whatever caused this problem, I took matters into my own hands.
I loaded a C-Drive image that I made back on June 1st comprised of Win11 and MSFS. I run the PC Store version of MSFS on Windows 11.
It is now connecting to the servers and downloading all the Bing data correctly!
There remains a strange anomaly, however.
When I click on my XBox identity in the upper right corner of the sim, its grayed out and indicates that I am off-line!
I know that I am NOT off-line because I have my rolling cache turned off and deleted and when I go to locales I have never visited before, the map, graphics, photogrammetry, etc. all get updated. Crazy.
Before I get too excited, though, I am going to wait with my fingers crossed for all the related apps (X-Box, MS Store, etc.) to get any updates that came in since June 1st. Hopefully it won’t break my server connections again in the next 24 hours.
I’ll update tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi @TallestParsley2. See:

1 Like

Yeah my problem is it disconnects then re-connects every 4-6 minutes or so but doesn’t even let me into the content screen or marketplace before disconnecting every time, I’ve fresh resettled my Series X to no avail

2 Likes

Thank you for this -
however my problem with “checking for updates” only occurred for about 1 day early this week. In my fervor to fly again, I might have implemented a couple of the recommended fixes and THAT particular issue was fixed.
BUT, the ever-present disconnect messages and inability to download any map, graphics or photogrammetry data continued until my brute force method of restoring the June 1st image.
I presently see about 30 or so pending app updates in my Windows Store that I intend to install one by one to see if they might be my problem. There is also one for Xbox and its services that I don’t trust, yet.
So, yes the “checking for updates” thing might have been corrected, but I did not see anything mentioned to fix the constant server disconnect issues.

I tried to find a more specific thread here using Copilot, but it only pointed me to some very old ones back a year or more ago.

And what should I make of this?

All Bing data now seems to be downloading correctly and quickly - tested some optional MSFS official game downloads and attained 300 + MB on many of them

Since you might be closing this thread soon, can you point me to another that is specific to the persistent lost connection/low-bandwidth issue? I really don’t want to go through that again!
Thank you.

1 Like

Your June 1 restore makes this a more interesting discussion. I originally noticed the connection / bandwidth problems in the sim (PC version) immediately after the AIRAC / Airports update, but became convinced that was just a coincidence, and the problem was actually a server or Xbox Live licensing issue.

Now you’ve tossed a wrench into that thinking, further conflated by the fact that you would have been forced to load the aforementioned update after your restore (unless the update was already installed in your June 1 image, since it came out on May 31.)

I’m more confused now than I was before. Thanks, buddy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry for any confusion I might have added here.
However, I should add that after my restore of the June 1st image (couldn’t go back any further as I only retain the current month’s images) MSFS forced me to re-install that 650mb “AIRAC” update. So, it’s still quite apparent to me that it was not the cause of the connectivity issue.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Lost server connection shortly, when it came back on, no improvement and terrible LOD like some have complained about.
I checked the data settings and the photogrametry had set itself to off. Setting it back on and all was fine.

2 Likes

Yep. Every time I lose the connection and it reconnects I check Bing Data and Photogrammetry. One or both is usually turned off.

They’ll fix this. Soon

2 Likes

I am not holding my breath

Their to-do list is quite long, me thinks!

I was curious about your earlier SPAD mapping to controller comment. I am pretty clueless as to what you meant, but on a related subject - controller settings, I unintentionally discovered a quick way to reset them to “factory”.
In fact I implemented the “fix”, hoping it might solve my network connectivity issue. BTW, it didn’t. So, I am now faced with re-doing all of my controller custom key mapping. NP, at least my sim is back to normal - for now.

I found this somewhere when I was getting CTDs whenever I tried to access my pilot’s log files in the sim. It fixed the CTDs by not only resetting my log files to 0 (good), but also deleting all my controller key mappings - not so good!
Anyway, if you are interested in a quick and easy (dirty?) way of bringing your sim back to its out-of-the-box condition, just run the following from the Command Prompt.

Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!
Carefully read all of this post before executing this command as it will delete your custom controller key mappings as well as reset your accomplishments and pilot’s log files and who knows what else.

start shell:appsFolderMicrosoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -DeleteCloudSaves

1 Like