Access to flight planner without leaving current flight

It would be great if you didn’t have to exit out to the main menu between flights to use the flight planner. If I want to fly from Airport A to Airport B, then on to Airport C, it spoils the immersion to have to go back to the main menu, plan the new flight and then have the sim reload with the aircraft in a different position and start it up from cold and dark again. This was possible in FSX, and I would frequently do a three-leg route in an airliner this way.

8 Likes

agreed, would like to be able to change the flight plan on the fly if you wanted to land at a different airport etc etc, than the one you may have originally wanted to fly to. Also as mentioned add perhaps a couple of other stops along the way if you suddenly felt like it.

8 Likes

And also reposition using the mouse to any location manually. Change speed, altitude, heading,etc
Also select a ils approach of any airport

2 Likes

Hi
But you can do that in garmin, to enter new flight plan into garmin. Atc recognize it. It is cool feature.

4 Likes

Good idea, also it would allow us to see where we are on the world map when on a long trip with the 747/787 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can’t do it with the G1000, not properly anyway, yes you can input an airport and fly direct, but you can’t select any proceedures for the airport unless you load a plan through the start system. It’s not very realistic at all, and half the waypoints don’t show up either, although the sim does recognize them, there is no graphic on the G1000 which makes flying RNAV approaches pretty much impossible if you have to program in each waypoint, especially with the dials, I mean, who didn’t think of having an option to type them in?

first of all, i’d like a dedicated tool to create or modify a flight plan from within an existing flight without having quit and restart a new flight

i know that some aircraft have the ability to create a flight plan, but i think a dedicated tool that works independently of the aircraft would be more accessible.

second, while not realistic, i liked the GPS unit that was present in all aircraft in FSX. it made plotting directions to navaids and airports very accessible and i’d like an easy and unified tool for navigation return.

third, please bring back a detailed map that i can access in flight. with all the radio frequency data (navaid, ATC, ILS), airspace data, and runway data. the vfr map just doesnt cut it.

4 Likes

I hope they did a pre-release to keep the downloading data lesser, and they already planned a huge patch to cover everything that’s missing.
Can’t work with the weather, some areas arent even realistic, still need skyvector for true navigation data and much much more.

1 Like

someone posted this, worth a read … Navigraph moving map support

1 Like

I like to fly VFR from airport to airport.
When I land at an airport and park, I would like to be able to stay where I am and just create the next flight plan.
As it is now, we have to end the flight and go to the main menu and start from scratch.

8 Likes

yessss I 100% agree!!

Also agree.

Throw a suhggestion on ZenDesk!

Count me in. Used to do this in FSX. Great fun!

2 Likes

as loading from main menu and back is very time consuming and I like to simulate turn-aound or multi-leg flights I’d appreciate the possibility of flightplanning while in the cockpit.

I realize what you are asking, and you are correct… no planning without going to the World Map.

You can load flight plans (you’ve already created) while in the sim… hit ESC, the SPACE (Load/Save) and load a flight plan.

Yes, I know.
This would require a very thoughtful planning to do the job. One of the very few things in the sim I wish wouldnt be as realistic as is :wink:

therefore I put onboard flightplanning on the wishlist …

3 Likes

And I gave you your first vote :wink:

1 Like

Make a request to Zendesk
This forum is not the place to get things done.

Well, i know this.

But this is the wishlist that got a “voting” option implemented now so Devs know what is a more popular wish within community.

So best practise is to do both from now on, I guess

5 Likes