Always crash when on loading screen

I can enter the menu, but when it comes to the loading screen after I chose the airport, it keeps crashing to the desktop.

The game ran cool till this weekend, I have updated the graphic card drive to the latest version and redownloaded the whole game, the problem’s still there.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c0b1e3
Faulting module name: MicrosoftGeospatialTiles.dll , version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2e0260
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000053be95
Faulting process id: 0xaf0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7813852f61765
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftGeospatialTiles.dll
Report Id: 0e3d7686-fe3f-4779-b34b-eb238468721c
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any tips for this issue? Much obliged!

Few things to try:

1. Remove any 3rd party addons/mods/liveries from your community folder and load the sim up on it’s own
  2. Reset your rolling cache by going to Settings > General > Data and delete rolling cache, then you need to initialise it again by switching it back on on the same page, clicking save, and waiting while it initialises, then restart the sim and try the download again
  3. If you’re running custom overclocking on your CPU/GPU, try removing that and loading up the sim with defaults.
  4. Try reducing the graphics load on your hardware, by setting glass cockpit refresh rate to low; setting all ground traffic to 0; don’t pop out panels etc into a different window; or reducing graphics settings.
  5. Some have also reported that they get more stability on older graphics drivers rather than using the latest version, especially on ‘older’ cards, so it may be worth rolling back to an older version temporarily to see if that helps.
1 Like

Every time I click “Manual Cache” in the Settings > General > Data, the sim would crash as well. Will it has something to do with the Cache data or something?

Hey @StelarZeus86470 , welcome to the community!

This Zendesk article adresses general CTD issues.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution for you, but there are some similar topics you could check out:

Topics

CTD just before the flight are ready to start
Cannot fly -- CTD
CTD or Freeze when loading into Flight since World Update 3
Stuck at 99% loading to go fly
Stuck at flight loading screen
Always crash when on loading screen

Note: We have moved your topic into #bugs-and-issues:ctds,
since the topic is about a crash to the desktop.

Hope the links helped.

3 Likes

OK I found the solution, just delete all files from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator, then the sim will come back to normal (The sim will automatically recreate those files).

Just leave this to those who might meet the same trouble.

7 Likes

Closing topic as issue was marked by OP as solved.