Screenshot by coalabr14 (Twitter) - Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina
Do you have a question for the dev team? We have two important Q&As coming up soon, and now is the time to submit your questions.
First, our monthly live Dev Q&A with Jorg, Seb, and Martial will be returning on January 26th at 10:30am PT (1830Z). Click here to upvote or ask a question!
We are also excited to announce our third SDK live Dev Q&A, coming February 9th at 10:30am PT (1830Z). If you have SDK specific questions, feel free to like or comment on this thread. Have a great weekend simmers!
- MSFS TEAM -
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (6, 7, etc.) WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible TBD =To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into this issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Not Started = We have not begun investigation on this yet
Started = Development work as started on this item
Click here for the list of Known Issues.
Here is an update on a few of the most popular bugs currently being discussed in the forums:
- Xbox Thrustmaster Hotas One Sensitivity Settings do not save – The team has found a fix for this issue and are targeting Sim Update 8 for release.
- Losing Mouse Control on Xbox – The team is actively investigating this issue. Please watch the thread for CM posts if more information is needed.
- Weather Radar No Longer updates – The team has found a fix for this issue and are targeting Sim Update 8 for release.
- VR: Input from peripherals not recognized while mouse cursor is over menus/toolbar – The team has found a fix for this issue and are targeting Sim Update 8 for release.
- As a start to a great 2022, we will soon invite you for a new live SDK Q&A, just like we did a couple of times last year. There will not be a specific topic this time, so please come with any unanswered questions you may have. We’re looking forward to an interactive session.
Metadata is now properly deleted upon a Clean Package operation.
Visual Effects Editor
- We fixed the blur effect to make it look more realistic. No impact should be expected in your existing effects if you used our Heat FX.
- We just started a global revamp on the Aircraft Editor. It will constantly be kept up-to-date with the existing parameters in the sim - among other improvements to make it really useful when creating an aircraft.
855 products on PC (+44) and 526 on Xbox (+21).
In total, 1,686 products (+13) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 406 products (+2) from 3rd party developers are in production (270 announced, 136 unannounced). In total, over 2,092 3rd party products (+15) are either released or are in development.
1273 airports (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 1062 airports (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 604 airports (+11) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 103 airports (+1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 108 airports (-2) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
271 aircraft (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 92 aircraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 61 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 151 aircraft (+3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 28 aircraft (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
482 sceneries (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 466 sceneries (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 87 sceneries (+9) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (-1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
66 mission packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 66 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 6 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
There are 52 new and 42 updated products in the Marketplace today.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! Community members Alyson Johnson and Capt. Arash are currently re-creating Amelia Earhart’s and Fred Noonan’s famous around-the-world flight attempt from 1937 in Microsoft Flight Simulator. In their collaboration, Alyson is playing the role of Earhart and piloting the plane while Arash is playing the role of Noonan and serving as the flight’s navigator, including using celestial navigation! They will be joining us on Friday to share more information about this famous flight as we visit several locations in California of historical significance to Amelia Earhart. All are welcome to participate! Click here for details.
Third-party developer Aerosoft recently announced their highly-anticipated plane, the DHC-6 Twin Otter, is launching next week on January 19. YouTuber British Avgeek received a pre-release preview copy of the Twin Otter and recently livestreamed a flight of this rugged and versatile backcountry bush plane. You can see his experiences flying the Twin Otter over the harsh, unforgiving wilderness of Antarctica in this video.
This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “National Parks”. Here are our runner ups this week:
Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter) - Banff National Park, Canada
Screenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter) - Yosemite National Park, US
Screenshot by shinobi_space (Twitter) - National Park of American Samoa, US
Screenshot by RWIP66 (Forum) - Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, New Zealand
Screenshot by YusufWardana (Forum) - Namib-Naukluft National Park, Namibia
Screenshot by Guillaume3511 (Forum) - Calanques de Marseille, France
Screenshot by ArcanePython931 (Forum) - Jasmund National Park, Germany
Screenshot by ZillNiazi (Twitter) - Hingol National Park, Pakistan
Screenshot by FogoWar (Forum) - Denali National Park, US
Screenshot by Eejayplay (Forum) - Grand Canyon National Park, US
NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – January 20th, 2022
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team