Quality Of Life features wishlist

Hi there,

I started a wishlist for QoL features in reddit. What I got so far:

• option to delete flights in the profile logbook

• setting to not go into menu automatically after the end of a flight (when switching off avionics)

• setting to select the external view sound volume seperat

• feature to check weather (in the weather window) during the flight (when in live mode)

• feature to check weather (in the weather window) of destination during the flight (when in live mode)

• option to use a simpler, much more subtle ATC window (too much graphics right now)

• ATC should know any height restrictions during IFR arrival/approach earlier (right now: “…descending to XXXXft”, later “…climb to XXXXft…”)

• ATC should give clearance to next FL earlier (if traffic makes it possible), so the climb/descent wouldn’t be interrupted

• ATC should give more variety in voices (other planes / controllers)

• marker sounds in the cockpit are to quiet

• display of estimated fuel needed (according to the chosen aircraft and load) during flight planning

• option to not only choose, but to save custom call signs, flight numbers, etc. per plane

• option to save/keep chosen livery per plane

suggestions by other redditors:

• mouse interface improvements. Let us “grab” a knob and temporarily lock the mouse scroll wheel to that knob so that chasing the knobs during a bumpy flight isn’t a game unto itself.

• Similarly, if it’s in the middle of zooming in/out, don’t mess with knobs

• Ability to hide the annoying white menu icon that constantly pops up at the top of the screen when you barely touch your mouse. Shocking that we can’t already do it. It’s just annoying, and not necessary. It also often ruins screenshots and videos, not to mention lessens immersion.

• Making external view HUD and traffic nameplate toggles bindable.

1 Like

Yup those knobs +1 for me, for sure.

+2 for the onscreen menu icon

Also…

• Add “Home/Favorite” Airports/Airplanes

We get a long list of MSFS “Recommended” Airports, but there’s certain airports I like to fly out of or into because they’re local to me or I like the airport/area, that I’d like to be able to have separate and above the auto-recommends. The “History” helps but only seems to do the last 3 (?) airports and can’t be used to “save” these airports.

Similarly for airplanes, if there’s 3-5 key ones I keep going back to, It would be nice to have a way to save those to a limited list so I can quickly go to favorite aircraft (especially as people gather more and more freeware/payware aircraft)

Perhaps I’ve just overlooked how I can do this if it’s already implemented, but haven’t found this yet…

This mod will help you with the last item on the list:

I can’t fly without it now.

Hello,
I know that this is a post from a long time ago, but I wanted to move this out of Wishlist into General Discussion, as we can only have one request per topic in order to avoid splitting people’s votes.
Many topics have been created to address the issues you brought up in this thread, and I have included links to every thread I’m aware of for you to vote on.

• option to delete flights in the profile logbook

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pilot-logbook-entry-deletion/203103

• setting to not go into menu automatically after the end of a flight (when switching off avionics)
  • setting to select the external view sound volume seperat
  • feature to check weather (in the weather window) during the flight (when in live mode)

• feature to check weather (in the weather window) of destination during the flight (when in live mode)

• option to use a simpler, much more subtle ATC window (too much graphics right now)

• ATC should know any height restrictions during IFR arrival/approach earlier (right now: “…descending to XXXXft”, later “…climb to XXXXft…”)

• ATC should give clearance to next FL earlier (if traffic makes it possible), so the climb/descent wouldn’t be interrupted

• ATC should give more variety in voices (other planes / controllers)
  • marker sounds in the cockpit are to quiet

• display of estimated fuel needed (according to the chosen aircraft and load) during flight planning

• option to not only choose, but to save custom call signs, flight numbers, etc. per plane
  • option to save/keep chosen livery per plane
4 Likes

Yes, long time ago… Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Totally agree. It is a frustration to see so many 0 hour entries, but then again, there are many more variations between the FS log book and official FAA log books, I’m sure things will be modified in the future. Now if I can only figure out how to import the log book into Sim Toolkit Pro, that would help but that’s another issue. Thanks.

Being able to completely switch of camera motion would already make a big difference. Maybe should add:

Ability to change directly from cockpit view to drone camera or fixed views instead of having to selected outside view first, and vice versa, being able to change from fixed view or drone camera directly to cockpit view without having to switch to outside view first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.