Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

Yes, very irritating. Especially if you use the mouse scrollwheel to adapt something. Then if you wait a bit too long, mouse ready to use your control, you suddenly start zooming.

They shouldn’t have a timeout at all if the mouse is hovering over a cockpit control.

Is this part of the live weather bug?

I had a close encounter on the way to Calgary. I’m about to pass 36,000ft while ACA205 is coming from the other direction, reported at 37,285ft. He’s passing below me. Altimeter is set to STD 29.92

And now I have to fly at 41,500ft to satisfy ATC’s FL390

I think nobody knows anymore :slight_smile:

Apparently the FBW Airbus has a fix for this. So if you’re flying that one… that’s also not working out.

So originally my only issue was with the ISA temp, this was sorted and 2 days ago all was fine with world. Yesterday it fell apart. Sim loaded but could not get a flight started, would freeze on loading. Today did some playing around, Well I can start and finish a flight if I disconnect ONLINE in total. once flight loaded I could reconnect to live - weather would change and other traffic visible. using A320 FBW, loaded flight plan and no routing apart from departure and arrival airports with one long leg in the middle just to join the dots., Also no Departure or arrival info no airport STARS or SIDS. Open for comment if you got this far.
Update after 5 hrs-Updated new nvidea driver sort of works. Can now open flight with live traffic weather. Still no Sids stars or airport info

Are we gonna get rid off that stinking white dot?

1 Like

you can come to these statements and ratings ONLY by loading in on a xbox/pc, fly at one of these sightseing locations for about 10-20min and then give your verdict.
trying to actually “simulate” anything beyond a plane floating midair and looking more or less straight ahead can be more then a obstacle.

and while we’re at it, here have a slap in the face:

2 Likes

My sim will crash to desktop every single time ever since this update.

It worked fine for the most part prior (maybe the occasional crash at the tail-end of one out of every 15-20 flights) but ever since this update, after just a few seconds of panning around the world map it will crash. Once I manually typed in the airport codes to bypass the world map and it loaded the flight, and then crashed before I could even look around the plane.

I’ve removed my community folder, I’ve upgraded my graphics cards drivers. I guess I’ll spend an entire day reinstalling the game and the add-ons/updates at this point. I figured it would be fixed with the hotfix but it’s not. Can’t play the game.

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32GB of RAM
TUF Z370-Plus Gaming Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I’ve just had two more CDTs this morning, both of them starting off airborne on an ILS approach to Lasage airport. Both times it crashed after loading the data and showing the scenario, just as it was due to display the Fly button to enter the flight. My previous CTD since hotfix2 was similar, but approaching Blackpool (UK).

Normally I start cold and dark at an airport, with no CTDs. Is starting “airborne” a problem for anyone else?

No idea what was going on here, yet in the middle of the route AP decided to head off into the unknown

After reaching LAKES, AP turned around and started flying North East for no apparent reason

It sometimes makes a loop at waypoints yet this time it just gave up?

Reprogramming the approach had it go towards the airport again.

same here :frowning:

same here cannot start a flight, stuck at the start screen :frowning:

hi i too having issues sin UP5 .

mine are no 3d ground maps and looks very flat… got trees to didplay and sqare boxes in some places (see picture) i tried changing the LOD to 2.5 as i only have 16gb RAM and extra 3gb on my graphics cards.

and I have a Lock up in flight or menus … and have to use the task manager to exit.

anyone advice? please

i’m in the UK

thanks

Make sure that Photogrammetry is not turned off. It was on mine after SU5.

thanks i checked that … and if i turn it off it has no other data undneath and i end up with completely Ble every ware …looks like bing data gone

Did you try without any mods? That FSX style info bar is definitely not in the standard version. 3GB VRam is not a lot, but it should look better than that. 16GB system ram is plenty since SU5.

i tried just having an empty Community Folder and still getting the same result.
b5 up5 i had no grapic issues.

You can turn on developer mode with the fps counter to check if anything odd stands out. Maybe delete rolling and manual cache, might be something corrupt in there. Then try other areas with standard planes, does Tokyo work? Do desert areas work? (no trees)

I’ve had the plane interior disappearing now and then before SU5, yet never the terrain. Very odd.

i just tried new york after deleting my rolling cashe file

so these look rubbish too!" noothing in my commnuty folder

Is anyone yet offering a “Remote Log in” MSFS Computer “Diagnostic, Check & Fix” service – either Free (you get what you pay for), or Fee based. ?

Nicely put. Also nice work on posting all the screenshots and videos as examples so people can see, good work. One would hope someone from Asobo or MS would watch and read those.

This game became a mess after SU5. CTD and visual bugs/changes or whatever they did made it lesser. If only there would be way to go back to SU4.

1 Like