After 12 months of MFS

I can at last say that my sim is working with no stutters,no ctds.
Waiting for some minor fixes from 3rd party devs for some of my addons and all is well.
Can’t say though that i am 100% sure that it will stay that way after the next world update :yum: which is very closeby :thinking:
However,there is hope.
Cheers
SPECS
6800xt Nitro Plus S.E
850psu
32GIGA RAM DDR4
470 Aorus Ultra Gaming motherboard
Ryzen 2700 8 core
4K monitor
x2 1Tera M2 Kingston

3 Likes

Glad you’re stutter free, I’m not. I have been mostly, in the past, but now I have the biggest stutters I ever had, it’s bad and I don’t like it one bit. My hopes are that Asobo realizes where they did mistakes, and offers us on pc (It’s a PC first sim afer all, ISN’T it?) Many options to get the visuals back that we had before, the visuals are something I can’t get from any other sim. I won’t get used to what it is now, because it simply used to be better than what we have now, but I’m hopeful that we will get there. Many promises were made, some were surely held, others not (and I don’t solely blame asobo for that) But yeah, WU6 and SU6 can’t arrive fast enough…

What about the visuals ? They re back already (yea i also have tweaked my cfg to 4.000 LOD)

As for the stutters,do you by any chance have the Ship Traffic addon enabled ? Its the one that causes the stutters now and the dev is currently converting his models so you have to disable it for now.

2 Likes

Keep calm dude, there are still nine days to go :wink:.

:joy: that’s why i am flying every day to airports with the airbus,stutter free now landings etc,cause who knows what will happen after?:yum:

Thanks, sakis, we have the same sim, I see what you see, but the devil is in the detail. I don’t wanna start debating this, but I’m happy it’s good for you. I have no ship add-on, no. I have ONE add-on right now, and that’s ONE airport.

1 Like

Nine days to what? What happens august the 18th?

I’ve been getting occasional freezes in the sim, sometimes lasting up to 5 seconds. I’ve never noticed whether I’m over water when it happens but I did suffer a few flying from the Scilly Isles to Perranporth yesterday. I have the global ships mod enabled, is that the kind of stutters it causes, just occasional freees for a few seconds?

2 Likes

Yes - I’m seeing the same thing, but removing the mod appears to have cured it.

2 Likes

I’ll take it out then and see what happens. If it’s being redone in a few weeks I can wait until then.

1 Like

:point_up:

Only one way to find out… quit the sim, move the mod out, get up there same position and watch what happens… I’ve seen these long pause issues with KATL (Atlanta) in the past, flying over it at ca 2000Ft. Some airports and some scenery mods have high resolution 3D rats running around… eating frames and sometimes causing stutter.

Your first screenshot is so weird, it looks like you’re flying above cotton b.alls :frowning:
Can you link me to the mod you’re talking about? I do have a ships mod installed, just wanna make sure this is the same, I didn’t know it was not working properly as it never moved from v1.0. I have this one and it says it’s fully compatible with SU5: Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Thanks!

:handshake:

this one Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for MSFS - #852 by hnielsen791

1 Like

Its a secret but it starts with birth and ends with day :wink:

1 Like

Wait what??? Isnt the next update on the 24th?

May be they are awaiting a present from us ? just kidding…:slight_smile:

1 Like

You seem to have the opposite of me!

I haven’t had many issues at all before last update. SU5 came great for me as did hotfix 1. Ever since the 2nd hotfix I can’t even have the sim open for 5 minuets before CTD, with nothing in community folder and I have totally removed the FBW A320 incase was that too. Just hoping next update fixes this so can get back flying.

1 Like

my, well and most other pc sim’ers two cents:

fix those and you’ll be actually able to USE it as a SIM

1 Like

Have you tried locking your FPS to 30?
I have a Ryzen 5900X with a 3080ti…30 gives me a beautifully smooth result, I did get minor stutters etc at 60. …and I have settings set to Ultra…except for resolution at 90%…on a 4K TV.