Disappointed in Sim Update 5

I agree with you.

Almost a year later I’m back in London, Canada. No big difference other than PG cities are easier to fly over.
September 2020:

Today:

1000th screenshot I made after a year of flying the Caravan.

Note: first pictures was early in the morning, others are in the afternoon. Also the direction is different. I may add another when I depart London again.

1 Like

There is a massiv graphical downgrade. And it doesnt matter for what kind of reason. Doesnt matter!
This video is in fact two videos, one before SU5 and on after SU5, put togehter for a compare!
The voice is in german, which descripts the downgrade exactly.
But whitout understanding any word, the graphics tells the truth: A MASSIV DOWNGRADE!

3 Likes

Today I have flown from Poland Krakow to Mallorca Palma de Mallorca airport.
Flying over Switzerland mountains at 38,000 feet.
Looking down it looked like I’m playing MFSX. Graphics terrible and that’s on maximum settings and 4K resolution.

What’s up with microsoft :thinking: please give us our game back.

Second problem is V speeds.
For 747 V1 at 180 knots ? Really !

This Xbox business is have screwed us big time.

Lucas

2 Likes

THIS is not a downgrade, it certainly is a bug, therefor the game doesn’t load the needed terrain data/textures, but making sure photogrammetry and all other online funktions a set to ON and trying this withouth the MS servers peaking, you should be fine. It is a downgrade in the regard that this bug existes, but you could intentionally make this game look like this prior SU5 with just the right settings.

There is nontheless a hefty downgrade compared to before the xbox update. just to name a few:

3 Likes

Actually, it appears that there is a very clear difference in the draw distance of the trees. Pre-SU5, they appear to extend to what seems to be a town in the distance. After SU5, they stop at a complex of buildings about half way there, and the space between is now an ill-defined lighter green. At least that’s what I think I’m seeing, but I’m not certain from the relatively low-res photos. And the angle is different, so it may be only that we’re looking at different things in the distance in the before and after photos.

2 Likes

For me those lighter green trees are clearly trees as well, and the trees even seem to continue (again as darker green) further into to horizon practically reaching it. If one just looks at these pictures without any preconceptions by all the discussions here in the forums where people explain how this and that is somehow wrong, one would never even come to think that there is anything wrong in any of them, let alone that the latter two were somehow worse than the first.

1 Like

Yep, and it has been acknowledged. Some of us were not getting the bing-data.

Just read a article about that: https://fselite.net/news/msfs-data-streaming-issue/

You demonstrate away. But whatever happens for you is not much use for me. My internet is fine; the draw distance has been significantly reduced.

4 Likes

No one’s suggesting your internet isn’t fine. The MS side of things however….

You lucky guys! You are so bloomin fortunate that you get to fly and comment on the graphics etc.

For me? No flying since Update 5. Just experiments on my PC trying stuff that all the good Simmers have advised even though I aint an IT expert. Well! Nothings changed and my FS2020 is still dead.

I’m even getting dreams now of what program edit could be done to just Fly again.

No offense to anyone…just sharing my psychologial state of not flying…which is getting more desperate by the day.

Yes, its working for many…but it should also be working for each and every person who has purchased this product and made sure that his/her system is meeting the requirements specified in the product!

C’mon ASOBO & Microsoft…don’t let us down…not us…we have been with you for more than two decades…surely that should count?

9 Likes

I have seen NO posts about SU5 that boast about how great it is. I mean NONE!!! This is a joke update that is really ■■■■■■■ me off… I had to stop flying FS for the last 5 months. Missing a couple updates. I can finally fly again. FYI, I LOVED the sim when I had to stop. Clouds were mesmerizingly gorgeous and I loved flying around them. My system is NOT a TOP end system but I still fly everything in ULTRA mode with 50-60fps the norm. In NYC I get around 39-45 which is just fine!!! Now after doing all the upgrades I had to do to fly again I get @10 fps more than I used to but the visuals are actually worse than my FSX!!! I know because I just flew FSX for the first time in 2 years and the clouds there were amazingly beautiful!!! THANK YOU REX!!! I even fired up REX for 2020 and the clouds still look like ■■■■!!! What really sucks, is that before I even FLEW again I went into the maketplace to see what all was new. I spent almost $180.00 USD on new goodies…and quite honestly, I am not sure I want to fly this sim anymore. I fly 99% VFR even in bad weather…because I love(d) the graphics…that’s what made this simulator amazing!!! They built this for VFR flying. Now…I may as well fly clear skies always as well as tubeliners and stay up around 40,000’. That way I would only be ■■■■■■ off for the short time I am on the ground. UGH!!!

But again, I’d love to see these tons of happy people after SU5. Where are they?

6 Likes

Consider a crowd being in a sold out stadium where also the field is fully occupied where they are watching an upcoming guillotine execution, and one person jumping in the middle:

Pick me, pick me pick me!!! :wave: :wave:

No really I’m definitely happy with su5. I feel unfortunate for the ones having legid issues.

Are there issues? Definitely. But i think the way i look at it is different than a lot of people.

4 Likes

Glad you are happy with it. You obviously never saw the graphics before the update. You also never flew in wind that had gusts. Because great graphics and real weather are gone.

2 Likes

I definitely have, bought it september last year.

Don’t assume. If you posted only to… wait a minute… you’ve read the first part of my post? Draw conclusions.

Good thing you made that clear over a month after I posted that and only a few days before the next update.
I didn’t have one CTD, I don’t have any problems with the ground textures, I don’t have any trouble with scenery popping in while doing the usual flying. I do have +10 fps more than before. So yeah, I am pretty happy and I did play every version since August 2020.

1 Like

Again, glad you are happy with it. I guess some of us just enjoyed the quality we had before. If the visuals were a 10 in WU3/4 then they are a 6 now. That’s not moving the sim in the right direction. Simple fact is that the graphics have taken a huge ■■■■. I don’t need 10fps. I was used to flying FSX and FS2004 for many years at 25-35fps. So the improvement in graphics and double the fps was beyond anything I could hope for. So for the graphics to have gotten to where clouds and some landscapes are actually worse than they are in FSX now… that’s pathetic. And since from all the forums I have looked at and counted, the tally seems to be about 50 to 1 NOT happy with the current downgrade of the sim. But hey, enjoy what you have.

2 Likes

If that is the case for you then something must be wrong with your setup. Because that is definitely not the case for the majority.

1 Like

I was talking with one of the testers for the xbox version and she was telling me that from her discussions back and forth with the testing team that WU5 was indeed optimized for the xbox. And because it has way less power than most pc’s today that graphics obviously have to suffer some on the pc side. Until a new higher grade xbox console comes out we may be screwed on this end. This apparently was brought up in the testing communications as almost all of the testers are also PC users. And they noticed the differences.

Odds are they are not going to invest in two totally different monster server farms to be able to send out two totally different sets of data based on platform. That’s ashame!

Greg

1 Like