A32NX will not be returning to the marketplace

fingers crossed

I’m speaking in general. Xbox will be limited compared to PC. It already is

You might as well run the show for us if you’re so confident about it :smiley:

1 Like

it is about the limitations, no you can’t do anything you want with the sdk and xbox in general

2 Likes

I don’t need to show anything, plenty of developers are already proving it. Don’t be offended by it, you even said it yourselves that you don’t have the resources. If you had the resources and you were willing to go through the extra effort to put it on Xbox, then you could. But you have other priorities and it is to take make the PC version more advanced. I completely understand. Simple as that.

Yeah, no. We honestly won’t prefer giving a “dumbed-down” A32NX Lite or something to Xbox users. That would just be disrespectful. But do consider all the other reasons on the announcement, such as troubles with licensing, awfully bad publishing times and the lack of support for external applications on the Xbox, before you make statements like “If FBW wanted to make a plane for Xbox, they could’ve.”

More appropriately, it is “If FBW could’ve made the A32NX available for Xbox, they would’ve”

5 Likes

Hmm, strange. Another FBW dev on here said it has nothing to do with compatibility or the differences between Xbox or PC. So let’s not play with words, shall we?

Chill, no need to be so triggered.

1 Like

Okay, let me simplify it a bit more for your convenience.

The base simulator is the same for Xbox and PC, as mentioned by the other dev in this thread. However, the Xbox does not have the capabilities to run any external programs outside the sim that we intend to do in the future (worst case scenario), neither does it support testing the aircraft on Xbox for any issues that may arise, until the time of publication. These are 2 different things, and they do not conflict. Hope that clears your confusion

I know that. And I also know that if your A32X was payware and not freeware, chances are that you’d probably be pushing it out to Xbox for the monetary gain, and avoiding the use of external stuff. Sure, everything would be dumbed down, but at least both platforms would have access to the plane.

So to my original point, you could’ve added the plane to Xbox if you really wanted to, but instead you have bigger priorities
such as making the plane more advanced on PC with the use of external stuff. Nothing confused about here, makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Was never meant to be, will never be. Our primary goals with regards to the A32NX have been the same since a long time now. To make the most accurate simulation of the A320neo, not to be the most popular add-on. If that ultimately involves sacrificing a platform (which is surely restrictive in one way or another), you know what the decision would be.

Assuming, in the future, the platform opens up allowing external programs, and allows more flexible licensing rules, then sure, you can point fingers at people for their decisions, like you’re trying to do now.

I will not be continuing this hereafter, since it’s becoming more of a one-way conversation where you seem to stick to a false presumption about something that has been repeatedly explained

9 Likes

Hardly surprising to read this.

Given the the PAID team of Asobo are struggling to make the platform compatible for both XBox and PC, we can’t expect the UNPAID third party developer to tackle the challenge.

Shame for the XBox platform though. The A320NX is the best thing to happen to this Sim since it was launched in Aug 2020.

It is the only reason that I (and I suspect many others) persevered with MSFS to date.

6 Likes

I find it mind blowing that people dispute this decision. It has been made by the team. People with no stakes in it whatsoever riding in here telling the devs they are wrong. You cannot make this stuff up.

8 Likes

They COULD certainly bring it to XBox, they never denied it with purely technical reasons. Having read their statement even without further explanations it’s clear that the required effort would be enormous. You cannot ask that from developers who have a job, have a family, children. They do it for their pleasure, for our pleasure. If Microsoft can’t support this effort - for what reason ever, legal, software - then don’t blame the farmer if the lord shakes his head. It’s simply not fair. They wanted to deliver it to xbox, they have been thrown stones on their way, more than they can handle.

If it was payware such a platform to deal with would (and will for others) increase the costs to a level where they have to ask themselves whether it’s still feasable to do it. We have no idea whether PMDG or comparable addons will come to XBox. PMDG have confirmed their intention to put them on the marketplace, that’s all. XBox and high fidelity addons is completely unknown terrain for our hobby and it’s at least questionable at this point if it’s ever going to happen.

5 Likes

The decision FBW made is another one big false of Microsoft. Unique, phenomenal freeware project just didn’t get proper support from big tech company. Only blah’s on twitch qa’s how amazing FBW’ project is.

One day I’ll definitely try this incredible work of art on pc. Thank you.

2 Likes

That is not true. There can be differences and conflict of interests between an open-source freeware project and a big tech company, but we will acknowledge where credit is due. MS and Asobo have surely been supportive of the project, providing assistance whenever possible, but there are some circumstances that inevitably result in unavoidable decisions like this one being taken. Their teams were fully aware of this decision, which was taken after brief discussions. We also appreciate the efforts being taken by them to improve the platform, slowly but steadily.

At the end of the day, we are still going to continue developing airliners for the same platform, and that should be indicative enough that there is no bitterness between anyone in these partnerships.

6 Likes

So true. And I am sure MS was and hopefully will be appreciative of your work in future. After all they benefitted indirectly from the positive attention your work created in the community which in turn (as some user stated above) let users appreciate MSFS more.

Completely agree.

Sometimes I feel bad even so much as reporting a bug, thinking it might be taken as looking a gift horse in the mouth, but some posts here have taken it much farther than that.

But I’m also starting to (I think) understand why MS would object to an addon with a GPL license. Unless I’ve been misinformed, or am simply not understanding what I have read on the matter, by doing so it at least potentially means that they have to release MSFS itself as a GPL licensed shareware product, which they’re rightfully not going to do.

While FBW chooses to make their product freely available (and I am extremely grateful for that), MS/Asobo is in the business of selling software, and since I am in favor of those programmers, engineers, clerical staff, and yes, even execs getting paid for their work so they can feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads, I cannot blame them for their decision, either.

I’m not sure I see a way out of this unless FBW is willing to change to the MIT license, and since they’ve already ruled that out, which is most certainly their right to do, well, it is what it is.

So sorry Xboxers, you guys lose out, but I think both MS and FBW are acting completely reasonably in this case.

Unless I’ve somehow misunderstood how the licensing works, in which case forget everything I said and put me back in the “confused and doesn’t know what he’s talking about” pile.

Kev

2 Likes

All - If all they want is stable platform, then Xbox is the road to take. But, I am gone if that is the decision. I spent US 3K dollars on this laptop for just this game, as I don’t play games at all other than this one. I also believe the vast number of issues, as mentioned is because of the too numerious to mention amounts of different hardware in people machines. Some (unknown number) just trying to get buy for now with what they have, and trust me I get that completely. Add to that mess, the vast number of parts which are counterfit, barely meet specification and pushed out the door, and you got the mess we have now on problems. Although, not issue free, I have had wayyyy less issues than others, for most part have been able to download game, I suspect thousands are still having issues today. And no, PC’s are not for everyone. I am 70, and have been usnign them since the first IBM pc was released. I am not going to spend money, and get a platform which “to me” is less than a high end spec’ed PC. That is MY DECISION, AND ONLY MY DECISION, and no one has anything to say about my decision. YOUR decision is yours and only yours, and again, no one has anything to say about that either.

1 Like

It just depends what the objectives of the market place are for MSFT.

But you can’t ignore the following though:

And this:

1 Like

What I know, is I never buy anything on the market place for at least 3 months. I do reviews from well known flight sim enthusiast for weeks before I would put my hard earned money on anything on the market place!! People should have learned this long time ago after ■■■■ products has been on the market place!!!

1 Like