Who is hyped for WU6?

This forum will be seriously hot if WU6 has big issues! I can’t say I’m excited. Generally because the history of these updates has caused other issues, so why would this be any different? I hope to get proven wrong! :crossed_fingers:Asobo/Microsoft

2 Likes

At this point, I’ll be happy if I have a working sim after the update. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

3 Likes

I’m hoping for more positivity in the forum even if it’s only from me!

I have made my own share of negative comments about issues I feel quite strongly about and it would be great to start heaping the sim with a plethora of positive comments.

Negativity soon becomes very wearing. Hoping to be positive very soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just hope there are no new “features” added in this update like the lighting/eye adaption were added previously. Adding things no one wants and simultaneously breaking existing things is now an Asobo meme with the updates regardless of whether its a SU or WU.

Its getting to the point where I assume they’re fully onboard with the meme :joy:

2 Likes

Fear the software developers!

Exactly on the same page as most of the responders here : I really hope for STABILITY and TESTED CONTENT this time for once in a year ?

So far, we never had any update that went right and was just a good moment to enjoy “new stuff”, be it functionalities (well, we didn’t get that many really in this year !) or content (we got tons of that but really not what I was hoping in ONE FULL YEAR from Asobo under Ms’s direction)…

I want to point out that as AN ALPHA TESTER I still see the bloody same bugs that I reported after seeing them in 2019. So new content doesn’t appear as attractive from this side…

Also, I read those last monthes A LOT of criticism and deception from a whole bunch of modders / 3PDs, that aren’t very happy with that exact state of the development/ communication with Asobo (getting the last SU ONLY 5 DAYS before deployment really ???)…
That specific situation has cause into 3PD and modders a huge mess for them and for us, and for Asobo ! I mean, look at the M20R Ovation situation, this is just ridiculous that a game platform will prevent one of their 1st partners’s product to execute correctly, or at all here : it is been a month without people being able to use their paid addon !
as a reminder : M20R is 30$ when the game is 45… So that is a HUGE HIT in your game value if you are in this kind of situation. Imagine if “you paid your B737 around 140$” then :wink: (yes that’s a PMDG taunt :stuck_out_tongue: )

6 Likes

I was under the impression that World Update 6 was being released today. Does anyone know if thats true or not?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Consumer reviews on Microsoft Store indicate the general opinion of MSFS.

1 Like

I would be happy if SU6 simply returned the following.

1. Working ATC from ground to ground
  2. Correct altitude call outs.
  3. Correct ILS approaches
  4. Voices not changing from Azure to Digital mid flight.
  5. Rain on the windshield when its raining
  6. stop the drone from rotating all by itself when in Showcase mode
  7. Get rid of Artefacts that now show up at "ASOBO airports
  8. prevent the ground from rendering as I fly towards it (Not had that since FSX)

As well as many other glitches and annoying problems that “FOR ME” ruin the experience.

5 Likes

Who did not took a minute (or less) to read the opening post ? :smiley: that’s beyond laziness :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a World update after all, not a Sim update, but I expect some fixes for the worst CTD problems.

Don’t get me wrong I know we have to do these updates and yes we have a bunch of pluses but also a bunch of minuses when they happen… For me every time I do an update it takes a good it’s a good week to 2 weeks for me to get everything backup and running smoothly. I bought my computer especially for MSFS2020 so I know it’s going to run on basically everything on ultra. I’ve used The oculus quest 2 For VR and it works great until I update and then it takes me another couple weeks to get it right again. Now I’m just starting with VATSIM ( Which I love and highly recommend for anybody that wants the real authentic experience, plus everybody is so helpful and friendly on the network) And I really hope it doesn’t screw that up…
I was looking at some pictures I took after the 1st update, and I’m talking about the very 1st update is there an update and honestly flying over is flying over my home airport in Flagler County Palm Coast Florida, it looked amazing and when I would show others they would think it was a picture from a real plane, Compared to last night when I was flying It looked like almost a cartoon. Granted a very well and realistic cartoon but still a cartoon. I want to go back to where everything looked real.

My next step is trying track IR5. Has anybody used track itrack IR yet and if so and if so what are your feelings about it?? I love using VR as itReally puts the pilot right in the middle of all the action and gives you a very realistic experience, comma my problem is I can’t see all my controls and I am feeling around like a blind man or like a 15 year old boy touching his 1st set of boobs. I only wish there was a way to combine both features, I’m hoping track itrack IR can do that. If I’m using a 65" curved Samsung TV which I know people are going to comment And tell me that’s not a monitor and can’t give me the real effects but it did great in the beginning.
If you have any experience with track IR please either either message me or comment on my post I’d really like to know before I spend the $150 for the whole setup. Thank you in advance

Yeah hope the crashes are fixed on xbox and PC I presume as well.

Onwards and upwards I hope.

They already confimed that “-Several crashes have been fixed across the title”. Whatever this means.

will these, in part bugs that exist since alpha and some that were added with later updates, be fixed then count me in for being hyped!

2 Likes

Sounds like you have some other major unrelated issues going on there if you’re experiencing those kinds of problems.

1 Like

Hi Peter.

Yes, WU 6 is slated for sometime today :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m genuinely “hyped” for the update although I think it won’t change much in regard to world data because the changes for satellite data or elevation maps are very subtle most of the time (if any changes at all). I also think the POIs often times just look kind of odd (especially castles and similar buildings). But I am still looking forward to some POIs and the other things they will introduce like bush trips etc. I also don’t experience that many issues like others do, so I don’t know how it will be this time but I like updates :wink:

The nordics update introduced, like every new patch, also new bug of different textures and texture LOD to load in depending on your flight level / distance to the ground. As far as i could test it this area of north of germany is affected as well as areas in the caribbean, austria, france…

i hope a “D A CH” update will change that.

4 Likes