WU6 is awesome for me so far, anyone happy like me?

nope, not happy, ctd, insert game disc, poor photogrammetry, the worst update for me so far

1 Like

I loved it on the instant.
So far I haven’t found a problem.
Only the grey clouds. But that is just minor

Quite - I am increasingly fascinated by the pecking order that a few want to impose on the rest of us.

As you say it seems that to be a “real simmer” you have to fly complex tubeliners on intercontinental routes with AP, navaids etc.

Not really sure where that leaves those of us who want to hand fly between challenging bush strips and undertake VFR flights for pleasure…pretty sure its not “gaming” though…

3 Likes

when the game works it’s excellent.

yes, there’s bugs, missing “stuff” and little niggles here and there, but imho, it’s rather good.

overall im pleased with the direction (not that my take matters!)

2 Likes

verry little different to pre WU6. the ONE things that works better at least for me are the now rare CTD.

The Alps have always been my favourite place to fly so overall, I’m pleased.

Found the update process very frustrating. The mesh spikes are a distraction. In some areas the original imagery had been taken with snow on the ground and Asobo had tinted it green, it looked terrible. Some of these areas have been corrected but not all of them. The flight planner seems to have a few more bugs when trying to create custom waypoints…overall: 5 steps forward, 2 steps back. A curates egg.

I don’t fly at night but I do understand the frustration of those that do

I was very happy with WU6. 3 flights of 45min each in the CRJ, and no CTD.
On the 4th flight, in the TBM930, I had my first WU6 CTD after 30min. Pitty, because my peace of mind while flying is gone again!

That ghost in the closet is still around, unimpressed by the WU6 fixes.

Makes sense to wait till SU6 to make such an assessment as what we got was a WU this time around, not SU.

I couldn’t get the update to work for me so uninstalled MSFS and did a clean install almost 2 days to download 131GiB yikes as sometimes the speed was only 0.60 Mbits/s.

But since the full installation had not had a CTD, 5 flight and counting on C172, C208, A320…

Awesome clouds, flight LPPD-LPAZ

It appears u may be flying the default Neo. Try downloading and using the FBW a320.

Would love to but I’m slumming it on an Xbox :crazy_face:

Its awesome so far yes but does anyone have problems with add on airports like me? For example EDDS has now a lot of gaps and hight differences in the appron asphalt. I think this has sonething to do with the WU6? Anyone else saw something like this?

I can’t say I am happy about the altitude and ATC being fixed. I see lot of people being happy about something that shouldn’t have been broken in the first place. Imagine where Adobo be at in the development of this sim, the potential, if, if, they could just get 1/2 of it right the first time every install. The goal should be QUALITY in what ur developing not Quantity. With that said, I will say thanks for getting the altitude fixed.

1 Like

I just love the World updates, always look forward to those! Lot of content to explore and it really improves the areas that are part of the update.

Lots to see and enjoy in the WU content areas and it looks fantastic.

Yup very happy. Got a new RTX 3080Ti two weeks ago. All sliders to the max. Smooth as silk, and looks great.

Pretty happy with WU6 as Austria is looking far better than before. Just still have some intermittent CTDs but only when exiting MSFS anyway.

unfortunately, game dev will never run smoothly, especially with a complex game like msfs.

I’ve seen the trope “should have tested more/better” on almost every project I’m interested in.

hiccups are going to happen and likely will happen again at some stage.

it’s how we, as end users, decide to deal with it. me? I might be disappointed or irritated because I can’t play but there’s plenty else to do while fixes are underway.

currently there’s loads of stuff I wish would work or is missing that I’d really like to have up and running, which I’ve spent lots of cash on (which I probably shouldn’t have) but I’m happy to wait as I know that at some stage they’ll fix thing A and hopefully add thing B.

when the devs do mess up or something beyond their control messes things up for them, try to remember that it’s not personal and that any stress it causes you that the devs are feeling that far worse.

I truly think they’re doing pretty well so far in how they’ve come with the game in just over a year of public release.

ymmv!

1 Like

Credit where credit is due. I now have back some of the enjoyment I lost after SU5. While still not giving the “wow!” factor of SU4, the scenery does look much better than SU5 (may it rest in peace) and I don’t see much stutter at all now. I am still a bit afraid to turn AI traffic on as I have not had a CTD in 40 hours with it off. The other thing that is really helping my enjoyment of the sim was discovering this tool that removed the annoying ALWAYS ON TO RUIN YOUR SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO IF YOU EVEN BREATHE ON THE MOUSE toolbar. https://github.com/kaosfere/msfs-toolbar-nohandle . Thank you kaosfere you’re awesome!! :slight_smile: Why anyone would think always having this on is a good feature is beyond me, but not providing a way to turn it off in the game makes no sense at all. None the less, I am a much happier simmer since SU6. I hope the Sim continues to improve and they don’t make another “downgrade” update like SU5 in the future. Cheers

1 Like

good point, though, why has every single WU changed so much SU stuff (to the worse) despite not being a SU? so why only this way around and not the other?