Discussion: March 25th, 2021 Development Update

not ‘ever’, but it’s been a rough couple of weeks. So many topics to ignore since I don’t like to get caught up in the negativity spiral some people seem to like to revel in.
A great evening everything considered.

2 Likes

Did another flight around Chicago in VR and it was smooth as silk.
But after landing at Midway, as soon as I turned off runway, the fps turned into a slideshow. Unplayable!
So after this fix update, it’s all very smooth but had a CTD and then a major fps drop, where I had none of these before. So I’m 2 for 2 so far😥

I have not change any setting before the update, but every time I try to apply the throttle control (Logitech Throttle Quadrant) but it set up the reverse thrust.

Holly Molly nice work! had a stutter on reloading but then it took off and was butter! Hong Kong with add scenery.

Great to see

How are the grumpy people at the start of this thread doing?

Thanks Asobo for another great update! It does exactly what it promises.

1 Like

Two topics I wish they would fix.
1: The plane continually loses altitude causing it to crash after loading into the Attitudes & Instruments Training Flight. I get really sick of this one.
2: Throttle mapping reversed for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. Apparently, this is a bug in my Logitech X-56Rhino as well. Also watch out for light planes such as the Cessna, where the Fuel Mixture is NOT reversed while the THRUSTER is.

je peux enfin passer en ultra. Merci Asobo pour le patch et cette simulation.

I installed the Hotfix yesterday. Since then I have had 4 CTDs. Two on launch, and two on approach. Prior to that I haven’t had a CTD in about 20 flights. This is the worst sim program I have ever owned and i have been doing this since the late 80.s

Be sure not to overclock your memory, CPU or GPU as MSFS hates overclocked hardware.
I tested this on 3 different systems and when overclocked, on 2 machines it led to a CTD’ while the other one wouldn’t even load the sim…

1 Like

This is definitely a finicky piece of software, in my case I haven’t had a ctd in the past 340 hrs of flight and have had 3 total since August, I did have the performance issues but patch has fixed this, 4 flights, 12hrs and so far zero stutters or FPS drops, very smooth. Best experience in months for me

Hi Cyreleous9816,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

I don’t know if it’s placebo effect, but flew Orange County, CA this morning after new update and sim looks better and flies smoother (in VR) than ever .
Thank you Asobo!

2 Likes

@Jummivana

The quote above is best summing up the question I keep raising for month:

1. Discussion: March 18th, 2021 Development Update
  2. Discussion: March 4th, 2021 Development Update
  3. Discussion: February 4th, 2021 Development Update
  4. Discussion: January 21st, 2021 Development Update
  5. Discussion: Live dev Q&A January

This raises the question whether someone is actually reading the reports and feedback users are providing, whether there is any consideration for the most important VR questions, or for VR topics in general (see below about LOD problems as well).

For example the table is showing:

4 votes: “Save custom VR camera settings”

But the following are not listed despite having more votes:

61 votes : Increase distance threshold to see other aircraft navigation and strobe lights at night
77 votes: Can you please add a “Sun Glasses” mode :sunglasses: ? (not a joke)
118 votes: FS2020 is breaking the VR golden rule: don’t move the camera, the user is

The VR “wishlist” table is not changing for months, except the number of votes

Therefore I’d like you to please consider and escalate the following questions:

• Is Asobo just ignoring them or are they just not seeing them?

• Otherwise can you please explain why the 4 votes entry is in the list but not the others?

• Can you let us know whether you’ll create the specific VR Wishlist subforum, I’ve been suggesting for months, so that VR specific items are not lost in the middle of all Wishlist topics?

• If not, where can we post VR specific wishlist topics so that they are visible to you, Asobo and Microsoft?

• Besides, the two questions with most “likes” and listed in the previous Q&A where never addressed.

PS: the following topic back from October 2020 was engaging the community to better reporting in order to help Asobo tracking bugs. It was taking as an example the LOD problems I’ve extensively documented which are still present 5 months later. However it was closed:

Can you please clarify whether this is just because of the 30-days auto-close policy, and if not, is there any better way you’d suggest so that Asobo developers can get the information?

Zendesk Request #99714 “Some of the most reported VR bugs and wishes are not listed”

2 Likes

For me it was snake oil salesman talk. But if you were happy and are happy, just keep this setting. For me: enable fullscreen optimizations gives me more frames per second in version 1.14.6.0.

It will depend on a range of factors. What your hardware is, what cockpits you fly, whether you use any external peripherials, multiple displays etc.

Yes, I have some CTDs with version 1.14.6.0, too, and none with version 1.14.5.0. Now I do the same as two times before: lower the overclock CPU from 4.1 GHz to 4 GHz. I started at 4.3 GHz. The last two times it helped.
Update: This time, reducing overclock did not help. I investigate my latest “two steps forward, one step backward”. At the moment I run at 4.2 GHz to force the bug.

I don’t have anything overclocked. Just a standard install with two Market aircraft, that’s it.

The stutters might be reduced, but the drawing distance also. Its way not as beautiful as before

This… And particularly if you undock any of the panels (ATC, VFR map) or glass cockpit instruments and drag them to a different monitor. Especially if said monitor has a different resolution than the primary the sim is running on. Doing so with those other adjustments will cause frame rates to plunge into single digits.

1 Like