Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Thank you for this feedback, it’s most encouraging. However, (there’s always one of those isn’t there!), the brightness problem needs more than a single/simple slider - the contrast between dark and light is often too much and the simulated eye reaction to light and dark doesn’t work well with small aircraft windows, when we often need to see both inside and outside in the same view.

Or recent airports visited, fuel load, weight, centre of gravity. …time of day.

Or that centre of gravity (of all things) does not carry through to flight load even when it’s the last thing set…

4 Likes

That’s my biggest complaint. No departing aircraft and no aircraft lighting except for the cabin. The workaround is better than nothing but is not as good as the aircraft lighting was before SU5.

The fixes are spread out as written in the post.

1 Like

I’m not a tester. If I was, I wouldn’t have ever said this in a public forum due to NDA.

I got this info from someone who was testing the hotfix and accidentally mentioned a timeline they probably shouldn’t have while explaining an issue related to SU5 and the hotfix.

2 Likes

This is good for the sim defiantly can’t argue with that. Although the CTD aren’t being fixed till world update 6 isn’t very good thinking it is probably the biggest issue that has came with su5. But very good well done.

Dear Sirs,

Would you be so kind to consider changing the TOY KIND of “RATHER AGRESSIVE” “Baby Blue” & “Yellow Colours” in the interactive buttons for a more DISCRETE way of identifying those buttons??

Thanks

jc
Portugal

@Jummivana l want to thank you and the adobo crew for all the hard work you guys put into this sim. Tomorrow I get to go on my cross country flight and get to fly over Seattle. The airspace is really tight in certain spots and this sim is really getting me ready on visuals and hopefully close to performance. So, it really is helping especially my landing are way better. Lol! :joy:

Legacy Mode if it involves getting the old value oriented tool tips back
Elevator Trim works fine here
Really need Taxi and Landing lights to work for night flying
Need to have the load out (fuel & weight) to work reliably

please

1 Like

Crashes to desktop on pc and Xbox as well as stability and bug fixes should be the main priority for a bit; not just one hot fix and in world update 6; this should be a reliable sim before more extras and features are added.

Thank you for keeping us informed, finally.

Hi, thanks for the information. When can we expect the hotfix? This week?

Apart from the stuff you mentioned I would like a fix for the CTDs and performance issues caused by Live Traffic.

ATC is really glitchy right now, I mean it was never good but after SU5 is more unreliable than ever, sometimes it forgets to get you down, or doesn’t give you an approach until you are just a few nautical miles from the airport, and some times it wont even answer flight level changes.

Also you are infamous for constantly breaking more things than you fix, so I would suggest to push the hotfix til tomorrow or until next Monday, I don’t want to spend the weekend with a probably even more broken sim and you, as always, just walking away like “see y’all next week (or month)!”

2 Likes

Looking forward to the fix

The save files not saving properly might be connected to this issue. As the game no longer saves recent airport history either etc nor does it seem to be able to compound all the save data
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-map-no-longer-saves-anything/429688?u=tripsytipsy
Looks like i’ll be avoiding long flights for a while…
But,overall, very lovely fixes on the menu for the rest :tada: :tada: :tada: :partying_face:

Could have easily been avoided by a statement very early on to advise everyone , they were aware, and they plan to take action… Saying nothing and leaving the mods here to take the flack was very un-proffesional imo

4 Likes

This is all great, but what about those that can’t even start the sim because of the missing packages bug!!!

Nothing about the broken world map? Right now it is showing ALL airports brown (uncontrolled).

1 Like

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.18.14.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000d7e06
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3958
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d78962ea0c5a84
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 9b75fa8c-7bcb-47f2-9389-210c5a9b63d8
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

hopefully they fix it in the hotfix.

Thank you for the open communication dev. Team!

I also had quite a few problems, but i see it like a puzzle. (A second game in flight sim :crazy_face:).
Fix the problems…
Many things i could resolve by myself ( with the help of the forums and docter google of course)
And the great benefit from these things are that i still learn new things to understand the sim and get the best out of it)

I understand there was radiosilence from the dev. team. If they have to resolve every problem from every first post they have to work at least a year to get everything working.
Also don’t forget that every computer is not like the other (Hardware & software)
Like my pc is good but not the best, so i dont’t expect the best…

• there are many addons that need to be updated to and it will happen someday.
    FBW did today an update for the stable version and now its much better. (thx FBW team!)

The only thing i have now and i still can’t fix it. Are the throttles from the Honeycomb Bravo. They are in neutral on the Bravo but in the A320 (the sims or the FBW edition does the same) keeps them in reverse.
Is it my nightmare? No!
Is it the end of the work? No.
Is there an solution? Yes (use the keyboard for the moment😉)
Will it be fixed? Yes of course, but be patient.

It’s for me still a moment for me to relax but i have also a real life with priorities. :thinking:

So for the Dev. Team:
Keep up the good work and remember 2 things:
-Rome wasn’t build i one day (or year).

• There always gonna be unhappy people (But it will not be me!!)

Thanks for making a great sim for us!

Greetings
Shameloc
Written in broken Mobile Dutch - English

1 Like

Outstanding! Looks like a bulk of the major issues are being addressed. Thank you for the hard work and taking all the criticism and complaints from the community and addressing those issues. Looking forward to this fix.

Good news. :+1: :small_airplane:

1 Like