Poor performance on the ground

All my test were done on a fresh Windows 10 install with no mods at all. I will try tomorrow on my win11 machine

1 Like

My rtx3060 is fine, I don’t usually fly with renderscale 200 and LOD 400 that was just for this test. With 120 and 300 I get 60fps plus and a solid 30 @ 4k on high/ultra

1 Like

I missed the renderscale number. That explains it!

1 Like

Let us know what you find out. If you see a change in W11 I may have to give it a try myself although unless the pc has the same specs as your W10 pc… the difference may be related to hardware. For now I’m patiently waiting for the SU8 beta to test some more.

Will test pheonix for BB2300

It could be a factor. When I installed W11 it was from an iso, not the upgrade and I did a complete new install of MSFS too

About 1 fps worse than KLAX

I think you are good. I’m just glad for the ones affected by this issue the workaround is simple and effective.

2 Likes

All the same it shouldn’t happen.

Apart from W11 the only things I can think of is virtualisation is turned off in my bios and my packages are on a different drive to Windows and MSFS. Rolling cache (not used in the test) is on a 4GB ramdrive. Otherwise I have no idea.

I think I will go ahead and try to install Windows 11 and test while keeping my Windows 10 installation saved in another hard drive. If I get to do it I’ll update my findings here.

Then you did not have the original problem, single digits fps on the ground and normal as soon as the wheels left the runway, you should have read the whole thread, it would have saved you unnecessary work as this thread has been hijacked by various performance problems.

1 Like

I tried a clean install of windows 11 and a full reinstall of the sim and the issue is still there. My guess is that it’s a bug related to some hardware while others are just fine. Hopefully the developers have a system that can recreate the issue.

2 Likes

Just thought I’d mention that another user found the answer to a similar problem, my advice is directly underneath his.

Well its worth a try, but im not convinced, firstly my windows install is on a 1tb NVME with only 78gb used and with 32gb i would be surprised if my system is paging. Also a 3rd party developer had already posted on that thread that they had provided information to Asobo that allowed them to find the issue

Blockquote
HybridNZTech Alpha Insider

4d

We over at the sdkdev community have been experiencing these issues but a lot faster when working on complex airports over a period of time (20-40mins). This has caused us to every 30 mins or so reboot the sim to continue work.

This week after the Dev Q&A and the heads of development explained they were having issues with use cases, I reached out to them and supplied them with a 45 min video showing the whole issue, and at the end a lot of diagnostic data.

They reported back this allowed them to identify and fix the memory leak causing this issue. Not sure when this will make it to production and im sure they will officially have some news about it at some point after more testing, but I’m glad they have found it and should be able to go back to stable FPS over time.

Blockquote

8 Likes

Very interesting post. Thanks for forwarding!

1 Like

After latest updates the game went from 40-50 FPS to 10-20. The game is destroyed for my sake, why not the developers is all over fixing this yet is a joke to me.

1 Like

Funny post. Why was this banned ? It is neither offensive nor personal. It seems that nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition ( if you are old enough you may know Monty Python).

2 Likes

Did you expect me to understand this?

Do you mean delete and reinstall the PG cities?

@KevinSull I mean when flying in the US you don’t need those PG cities installed. So I delete them all for better performance. If I decide to fly in France for example, I install the PG for that area and when I am done flying I delete it again. In my case having them uninstalled brings a dramatic improvement in CPU performance so I only install one of them at a time them when needed.

2 Likes

Great idea! I must consider this. I presume via the content manager right?